Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts and Design Options

Hi,
    Trick or not trick, that is the question....

Anyway, I wanted to share with you a way of using Parts: use them in Design Options (thx Tamas!)

In fact, you are allowed to make Parts from an element in each Option the element belongs to. and so have different divisions for Parts.
    My personal use of this is to make different proposal to the architect about precast panels joints.
    I think precast guys will like this one...:thumbsup:

The pictures attached are self explanatory. and of course schedules may be filtered by Design Options.

Hope it helps!
    Attached Files
    Julien
    "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
    P. DAC
    Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Originally posted by jbenoit44 View Post
    Hi,
    Trick or not trick, that is the question....

Anyway, I wanted to share with you a way of using Parts: use them in Design Options (thx Tamas!)

In fact, you are allowed to make Parts from an element in each Option the element belongs to. and so have different divisions for Parts.
    My personal use of this is to make different proposal to the architect about precast panels joints.
    I think precast guys will like this one...:thumbsup:

The pictures attached are self explanatory. and of course schedules may be filtered by Design Options.

Hope it helps!
    I feel so slighted. Why oh Why can't we do that with curtain walls??
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
      Sure you can... Why wouldn't you?
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
        yep, you need Design Options, you have Design Options with CW. what do you have in mind?
        Julien
        P. DAC

Comment

Unless the functionality wasn't introduced until after 2008 (what I've got here to play with) then the thing with different curtain grid/mullion arrangements of a curtain wall using design options is that the wall itself must follow through to the design option - so three layouts options become three walls - a single edit to one (as if it remained in the main model) is then no longer possible - and one would have to repeat the edit as many times over as there are design options. No?

Comment

I agree with you. maybe the key of success with DO and CW is:

- first: model management: no design changes before DO is chosen (model review) - possible?
            - second: curtain wall by face, mass stays in the main model, CW types goes to DO, and can be edited and updated with 3 clicks: select the system, edit face selection, recreate system. done.

But this is only my thoughts, and I don't deal everyday with CW, hopefully.....
            Julien
            P. DAC

Comment