Inline Dimension Text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inline Dimension Text

Did the 'Text Location' parameter get removed from Dimension Styles in 2018? My dimensions are taking up too much space with the text Above the Dim Line. I'd like to create a Dim Style that has Inline Text.

Attached Files

No difference with 2017 though

PD: Comic Sans, really?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kane333 View Post
      Did the 'Text Location' parameter get removed from Dimension Styles in 2018? My dimensions are taking up too much space with the text Above the Dim Line. I'd like to create a Dim Style that has Inline Text.

Text Offset?
      There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Originally posted by elton williams View Post
        Text Offset?
        first time I saw this post I thought in text offset too!
        Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
        Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
        "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
        E.A Poe

Comment

Comic Sans
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Setting the text offset parameter to 0" just moves the text closer to the dim line. Setting the Leader Type from it's Default Arc to Line in Type Properties of the Dim turns on the Parameter 'Text Location' but Inline still leaves the text above the Dim Line.

Comic Sans is the company chosen font.

Comment

Interesting - there's a project I'm working on (in 2017.2) that still had the extra dimension styles from an earlier template version, and I remembered noticing that one style was labeled inline, so I went to see what its settings were. It has a parameter called "Text Location" with the options of Above or Inline that doesn't appear in your screen shot, (this parameter also appears in 2018 projects, though all are from 2017 templates (even when I try explicitly opening from the 2018 template set)) but the changing the setting has no affect on the style.
              Julie Kidder
              Architect + BIM Director
              Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

Moving it manually is the only way I know to get it in-line. It's too bad negative offsets don't work.

The "Text Location" options shows up when you choose "Line" leader type instead of arc. It specifies where dimension text is placed in relation to the leader....as text is pulled away from the dimension line.
                John Karben | IMEG Corp.

Comment

Grrrr. Seriously? We can't make it "inline" ?
                  InLine is the dimension standards of one of our biggest clients.
                  We are in the process of moving to Revit. Something I've been pushing for years.
                  Now, we can't meet our client's drawing standards. Wow... I am really bummed about this.

Comment

Grrrr! Seriously! Here.

Revit OpEd: Dimension Inline and Dynamo

BTW, if your client is so obsessed with THAT as a drawing standard, i would really raise an eyebrow. Every time ive been told *This is a clients standard graphic, we cant change the way this looks(!!!)* ive discovered that was the architects or engineers *interpretation* of the standard, and the client really didnt give a hoot.

By the way, on the off chance that they really DO care about something that small: Probably best you DONT implement Revit, IF you plan on doing work for them. BEcause there are some graphical things you just cant change. And youll be miserable.
                    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
                    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment