Hi New to Revit....Can Anyone Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi New to Revit....Can Anyone Help

Hi all I have been wanting to learn Revit for a long time and have been teaching myself as well as using the odd tutorial book and videos, I'm still a novice with a long way to go, but could anyone recommend any other good teaching tools, courses etc. or on the internet? I have only joined the Revit Forum today and can already see the benefits here with the minefield of information and help available, but I am still trying to navigate my way around, any other help or advise would be most appreciated. thanks.

I am based in the West Midlands (UK).
    JasM

RFO is a great place to learn. For online learning: Lynda, Pluralsight, Udemy, Black Spectacles, Designalyze all have courses and I'm sure there are others.

:thumbsup:
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Hi Jas17,

I took a course when I was at the University but I felt that was not enough, so I started a little "Test" Project and I realized that I've a lot of stuff to learn, then I seek for tutorials, blogs , etc.

Frankly I guess that a good method can be to start modeling an entire "mid size project" :laugh: with all its particularities and so on; or at least that was my way to learn how the software can work for me and to know its limitations too.
      Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
      Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
      "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
      E.A Poe

Comment

Hi All, thanks for your replies, I will definitely look into the online leads for learning and as you mention Andres, I'm going to start modelling and throw myself into the deep end.....thanks all, much appreciated.
        JasM

Comment

After you learn the basics, it would be advantageous to learn in a group setting with 1 or more others. The toughest part about Revit is working with others.
          Bettisworth North

Comment

Ian at bimscape has produced a fantastic large set of beginner tutes
            Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

Comment