Conditional Schedule Formulas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conditional Schedule Formulas

I'm trying to create a conditional formula to reflect Occupancy Load Factors if I insert a value into my Occupancy field.
    For example I have:

Name | Number | Area | Area per Occupant | Occupancy| Occupancy Factor |

ROOM------1-------100-------------20-----------------B-----------------?---------------

Is there a way I can create a formula or something where if i type in B in OCCUPANCY, it will automatically fill OCCUPANCY FACTOR with 100, and if i type in A, it'll give me a different number?

Where are you trying to enter this information? Is this a room schedule being used to calculate occupancy? As of right now you can't use conditional statements to test for text values in Revit formulas. I'd suggest a key schedule for this. That way you can create a preset list of occupancy types along with their associated factors and just pick them from the list in each room.

Comment

Correct I am entering all of this into a schedule that will hopefully reflect in a Room Tag down the line.
      I'm not familiar with a key schedule?

Comment

Create a new room schedule, but in the first dialog that pops up, select schedule keys instead of schedule building components. You can then add data rows that will be available in the rooms. You cannot add shard parameters to key schedules though, so the tagging part is a little tricky. There are some workarounds, and I think global parameters might even make this process a little easier. Do some searching on the forum here and you'll find a few workflows. I've always just put a schedule on the sheet next to the plan and not worried about forcing more info into the tags.

Comment