Not able to print inserted pictures....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not able to print inserted pictures....

Hi guys. This is my very first posting. I am a new Revits user.....yeah...what a difference !!! I was on AutoCadd for some 15 years. Anyway. I keep having this weird problem trying to get inserted pictures to print. Everytime I do a print preview, the pictures/logo are always missing. But in the regular view, I can see the pictures are there,...just like I inserted them.

It's driving me crazy. Please help. Any suggesting why ?

Hi, and welcome to the forum. Try to set the Hidden Lines View option to "Raster Processing" in the Print Settings dialog.
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Should definately be the Raster Settings in the Print Dialogues...
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
        Try to set the Hidden Lines View option to "Raster Processing" in the Print Settings dialog.
        Here's my experience if it helps anyone in the future: I'm having trouble with images intermittently disappearing while printing to the CutePDF printer. Per Klaus' suggestion, I set hidden lines to "raster processing", and although the resulting PDF file included the image, the file size was too large to send via email. I changed the setting back and ended up restarting Revit, solving my problem THIS TIME. I'll report back if this pops up again and restarting Revit does not resolve the issue over here.

Comment

It could be a printer driver also. I had a situation where stamp (image) would print on one printer, and not on the other. The solution was to print to pdf, than to real printer.

Comment

I've found the problem is sometimes fixed by putting the image in a drafting or legend view and then stuffing that image in the place it needs to be. If working with an image on a title block you need to edit the title block and try placing the image as a family.

Comment

I've been struggling with this a lot in the last 2 days. My image will show up on previews and PDF's but not thru my printer. I've been all over the internet and tried virtually everything. I finally found that my image's draw layer needs to be set to "" or the image will not print. Or at least that's what's working for now.

Anyone know why this is the case? For now, I'm just happy I can print my logo again!

Comment