Problems with revit 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with revit 2012

hello i'm new here, and i have a problem with the new version. i'm not sure if it's a problem with the new version or if it's a problem woth the instalation. i hope someone could help me.

the thing is that i have downloaded revit architecture 2012 and it seems to be installed ok and well activated too. but when i start the program, it
    doesn't appear the elevations views that should appear for default. i don't know if it has something to do with this but also when i start the program it appears a window that says: the default template file you have specified does not exist.

(hope it's a undestandable message english it's not my first language)

Is your INI correct?

Comment

The template path is not correct. This may hapen sometimes. Just configure the correct value under options.
      [email protected]

http://4revit.com

Comment

Go to the program button (big R, top right), click it, select options in the bottom right corner. Go to the File Locations Tab and set a path to the default template file (has an .rte extension) for Revit projects.
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

You most likely downloaded the exe instillation of Revit which tends to have not templates or families. Did it ask you to download content? If it did, this is definitely the case here. All you need to do is get hold of a disc or Iso of Revit and you should be able to uninstall and re-install. Just make sure that you go into the drop down in the instillation process of make sure that you have content pathed for you. The instillation initially says 3 or so gigs. It should say around 5 gigs in size.

Comment