Editing the Properties of a Revision Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing the Properties of a Revision Schedule

I just beat my head against this for 20 minutes before I stumbled on the right trick, so I thought I'd post a Tip.
    More than likely, 2 years from now I'll have forgotten and will find my own answer when I do a search!

When you want to edit the properties of the Revision Schedule on your Titleblock, here's what to do:
    • Edit the Titleblock Family
    • Expand the Views list Schedules category
    • Double-click on your Revision Schedule to open that View.

So far, this is all normal. The problem is that once you are in the Schedule View, when you go the the Properties Palette, there's nothing there!
    The trick is called the Properties Filter.
    That's the drop-down menu towards the top of the Properties Palette
    At first, it probably says "Family:Title Blocks".
    Click on the Properties Filter drop-down menu and you will see Schedule: Revision Schedule (or whatever the name of your schedule is)
    Revision Shedule Properties.PNG
    Select the Schedule, and NOW you can see the Schedule Properties you were expecting.

See me in two years!
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Whoever created this workflow, think it started in 2014, has irked me for quite sometime... Seems to happen with regular schedules time to time too... But yeah, mainly it's the revision schedule.
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Same thing is true in families, most users don't realize they can change the cut plane of a family by using the same properties filter to change to the view and get View Range. That drop down is often overlooked.
      Brian Mackey |BD Mackey Consulting
      www.bdmackeyconsulting.com/blog
      @Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BD Mackey View Post
        Same thing is true in families, most users don't realize they can change the cut plane of a family by using the same properties filter to change to the view and get View Range. That drop down is often overlooked.
        Yeah, that one too.... Think it started when you could merge the Project Browser and the Properties Window...
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Almost 2 years to the day.... Very helpful. Thanks for posting the solution!

Comment

and still usefull thank you

Comment

Another way to get to the schedule properties is to select the schedule in the project browser.

Comment