Options for dimensioning walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Options for dimensioning walls

From project to project, I keep forgetting that these tools exist. Hopefully, if I make a note here in the Tutorials forum, I am going to remember in the next project that Revit offers some nice options to expedite the task of dimensioning walls in a floor plan; there are options to dimension openings by width or by center, intersecting walls, and/or intersecting grids.
    Attached Files
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
    From project to project, I keep forgetting that these tools exist. Hopefully, if I make a note here in the Tutorials forum, I am going to remember in the next project that Revit offers some nice options to expedite the task of dimensioning walls in a floor plan; there are options to dimension openings by width or by center, intersecting walls, and/or intersecting grids.
    the tools works fine but if you use split wall you will have to dimension a little more

Comment

Originally posted by gaby424 View Post
      the tools works fine but if you use split wall you will have to dimension a little more
      ...and it won't dimension across stepped walls either... however, this behaviour is understandable as in both our situations Revit sees that we have two (or more) seperate wall instances. What's annoying in my 'stepped wall' case is clicking each wall with this tool then doubles up the wall thickness dimension on the connecting perpendicular central wall. so i tend to pick every point i need one at a time, all the way across. makes it a lot easier to adjust their location when needed.

the ability to dimension a building's entire width with ALL separate facing and intersecting walls (windows/openings etc) into a single dimension element would be a nice feature.
      i would choke on my beer right now if someone (truthfully) told me revit 2012 does this.:beer:

one small but much appreciated improvement i noticed in RAC2011 over 2010 is when you have a long string of dimensions and you re-align a dimension leader to another place you now only lose your text note from that particular dimension. Previously ALL the text notes from your dimension string would disappear.:banghead:
      Last edited by elton williams; April 10, 2011, 04:22 AM. Reason: speling mistaks
      There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment