Xrev - Xrev Transmit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xrev - Xrev Transmit

Xrev products are developed by a dedicated software programmer with 10+ years experience with .NET and various other technologies. Out products are designed by a respected Revit Guru with 10+ years experience with Revit. As such our tools respect common workflows in Revit to improve both quality and efficiency in order to save you money.

Xrev Transmit - Revit Sheet Issuing and Transmittal tool
    • Built-in PDF support,
    • Automated parametric file naming and output locations for:
    • DWF, DWFx, combined DWF/x, PDF, combined PDF, DWG, DGN, DXF of Revit Sheets
    • Matrix & Per Issue Issue transmittals (issue information about the current issue only or Full History)
    • Fully Customisable Transmittals using the easy to use built in designer
    • Predefined standards for (eg. Export Layers file, version, etc):
    • DWF, DWFx, combined DWF/x, PDF, combined PDF, DWG, DGN, DXF of Revit Sheets
    • Autodetect Paper Size for PDF and Hard copies similar to DWF functionality
    • Integrates with and Publishing/Supersedes files on Aconex
    • Simplified step by step wizard for issuing that hides all the settings from the day to day user
    • Support for Untracked Issues (IE: Not generating a transmittal and just creating the files)
    • Support for Projects with Revit Sheets spread amongst multiple files (combining them all onto the one transmittal)
    • Office wide standard settings shared to all users to ensure consistency
    • Very Easy setup
    • Excellent Support
    Download your free trial today!
    Last edited by Mr Spot; January 5, 2014, 08:51 PM. Reason: New Features
    Chris Price
    Co Founder | BIM Manager | Product Designer | B.Arch (QUT)
    Xrev Revit API Add-ins | Revit Rants

Hi Chris,
    How does Xrev now deal with dwg export settings now that you can no longer save these form Revit to an external file?
    i can see the function to map dwg export setting in Xrev, but if there is no external file from Revit, then what? I don't really want to use scripts to clean up files to company standards.

Cheers.
    Andrew Harp
    BIM Manager GHD
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you.
    If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I've emailed you a personal response. But for the benefit of the forum I'll post a response here.

Xrev Transmit simply doesn't use these new settings currently for a few reasons which I'll outline below. It is still possible to use the Export Layers files in Xrev Transmit which enable you to easily share the same settings between projects because they are stored externally.

There are limitations with the Revit 2012 API that don't allow us to read or write to many of these new "Export Setups". All we can do is choose to use one of these export setups without the option to edit many of the fields. What we wanted to do was to help our users share these "Export Setups" across multiple projects without the need to use Transfer Project Standards or having to build them into their templates. Unfortunately Autodesk hasn't yet allowed us this capability.

We have been aware of this issue since Revit 2012 was released, and hoped that API would be enhanced to allow us to address this issue in a more powerful way. Obviously we have nothing yet. That said, we want to help our users out as much as possible and we will release a new build that allows you to use these "Export Setups" within Xrev Transmit. But it will not be able to automatically add "Export Setups" to projects...

Hopefully this addresses the issue. If so, please confirm and we will schedule it into our development cycle as a priority.

Cheers.
      Chris Price

Comment

Please note in Revit 2012 & 2013 we now have the ability to use predefined export setups for Exporting DWG's & DGN's.
        Chris Price

Comment

Love the fact that it pulls project parameters for file renaming.....

Now, the only thing you need to add Chris is the ability to remove periods in the file name. Such as if my sheets are A4.15 and I export with "sheet number" it would export as A415.pdf instead A4.15.pdf...

BTW, I had a huge submittal both DWG and PDF exports...What usually takes 4 or 5 people to print/export/rename both PDF and DWG files I got done by myself in a fraction of the time.
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
            Love the fact that it pulls project parameters for file renaming.....

Now, the only thing you need to add Chris is the ability to remove periods in the file name. Such as if my sheets are A4.15 and I export with "sheet number" it would export as A415.pdf instead A4.15.pdf...

BTW, I had a huge submittal both DWG and PDF exports...What usually takes 4 or 5 people to print/export/rename both PDF and DWG files I got done by myself in a fraction of the time.
            I haven't used Xrev - but for quick renaming of files Bulk Rename Utility is AWESOME. In about 30 seconds you can process an entire directory.
            Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
            BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
              I haven't used Xrev - but for quick renaming of files Bulk Rename Utility is AWESOME. In about 30 seconds you can process an entire directory.
              I used a file renaming program before....but when you have over 1000 sheets to print/rename and export and very specific file naming, such as Location-Building-Sheet number-Sheet Title its great that its automatically created from information already in Revit instead of having to clean out the junk that Revit adds or doesn't add.
              Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Thanks Michael,

Being able to manipulate the information contained in parameters prior to using them in the naming conventions is on the wishlist. Tricky part is doing it so its user friendly and doesn't make things too complicated. At the moment a rename utility can be used afterwards to remove those.

Hi Chad,

One limitation of the rename utilities though as Michael alludes to is that you can only work with the information you receive from Revit. With Xrev Transmit you can use almost any sheet or project information parameter in your naming including of course the Revision and some special Xrev Transmit parameters & Windows System parameters.
                Chris Price

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Spot View Post
                  Thanks Michael,

Being able to manipulate the information contained in parameters prior to using them in the naming conventions is on the wishlist. Tricky part is doing it so its user friendly and doesn't make things too complicated. At the moment a rename utility can be used afterwards to remove those.

Hi Chad,

One limitation of the rename utilities though as Michael alludes to is that you can only work with the information you receive from Revit. With Xrev Transmit you can use almost any sheet or project information parameter in your naming including of course the Revision and some special Xrev Transmit parameters & Windows System parameters.
                  Sounds pretty cool actually. As mentioned, I haven't really looked into it but was just offering another option
                  Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
                  BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment