Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 : Get Level of an Element...

Hi,

I do a Filter to get all OST_RasterImages.
    I got a list of Raster Elements.
    But I can get the Level of each one.
    Is it possible?

Probably not... A lot of elements have non-scheduable hosting relations to levels.
    Especially when they're non-Revit elements. Those are almost all the time not accessible
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Hi Pierre,

even if I don't know much in API, are you looking to have raster image level?
      I guess this parameter doesn't exist for rasters, I can't find it when I select a raster image in Model Review.

hope it helps.
      Julien
      "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
      P. DAC
      Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jbenoit44 View Post
        Hi Pierre,

even if I don't know much in API, are you looking to have raster image level?
        I guess this parameter doesn't exist for rasters, I can't find it when I select a raster image in Model Review.

hope it helps.
        I'm gonna do differently.
        Thx a lot.

Comment

Without looking into it, here is my best guess:
          1. You can try to get the level of the instance where the decal is applied to.
          2. You can also do some comparison between the location min of the decal and the elevations in the levels list. Not a direct approach, but you will know that the decal is somewhere between level X and level Y.

When I select a decal, Revit lookup says it is a OST_GenericModel. Is your OST_RasterImages list of the types and not the instances?
          Gonçalo Feio
          "Ignorance, ignorance, sheer ignorance - you know there's no confidence to equal it. It's only when you know something about a profession, I think, that you're timid and careful." George Orson Welles

Comment

Maybe you can do this looking on ViewPlan.Elements... Elements like OST_VIEWS

Comment