Apps that read RVT. Apps that write RVT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apps that read RVT. Apps that write RVT

Hey all. Doing a little study for the office about other applications that can read RVT and more importantly write to RVT. I'm a bit of a novice on this topic. As far as I can tell very little can read and RVT. Autodesk products such as navs and autocad require an export from Revit. I see a product called CostX can somehow intergrate. Bentley have some intergation with i-model and Projectwise. But from what I can see this is all pretty minimal interaction. Anything else? On the writing side of things I can't find anything. I guess the format is pretty well protected. Are there any other apps I should check out?

Autodesk labs application s.a. Vasari. but it is only technology preview available for a short period of time.
    rvt is closed yes, like tons of high value softwares. but there are many ways to export.
    remember that often (not always) when it's free, it worth the money you paid!
    Julien
    "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
    P. DAC
    Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jbenoit44 View Post
      Autodesk labs application s.a. Vasari. but it is only technology preview available for a short period of time.
      rvt is closed yes, like tons of high value softwares. but there are many ways to export.
      remember that often (not always) when it's free, it worth the money you paid!
      Thanks Julien. I know there are a few export and import options but more looking for other apps that can read and write native RVT of any version even if its a best guess of the format, even if its graphics only. I might add this is not a judgement, its a study.

Comment

Nope, none.
        Not even Bentley, cause you use a plugin from Bentley to convert the RVT. You have off course the same workflow for Navisworks and some structural and analysis programs. But there's nothing out there that reads/writes native RVT's.
        Martijn de Riet
        Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
        MdR Advies
        Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

OK ... Thanks for the answers.

Comment

that is correct, there is currently no OEM version of Revit for 3rd party software providers to create RVT or RFA's without a version of Revit running. Hopefully this is something we will see in the future.
            Steve Germano

Comment