Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get my Add Ins tab to show up in Revit

Hello there,

I have downloaded Hatch 22 and Family browser and installed them in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\A ddins\2012

I also tried to install them: C:\Users\All Users\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2012

Neither work

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Lorne

Lorne,
    have you tried the "Unblock" trick mentioned here? Also, are you on Vista? In XP the user path is in ...\Documents and Settings\, and in Windows 7 there is no All Users under Users, but there is a C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2012 folder for Addins that are not tied to a particular user. Not sure of the nuances of Vista.

Best,
    Gordon
    Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Gordon,

Thanks for the reply, yes I have tried the unblock method. I also am using Windows 7 and there is an "All Users" folder. Weird.

I also tried adding the addins to this folder: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2012 as you mentioned.

I don't understand why it's doing that. I currently have the addins in all three folders...should I try to remove them from two of the three?

Thanks in advance,
      Lorne

Comment

Hmm, did you do an upgrade from XP to Windows 7 perhaps? None of my W7 VMs have that folder, but all are fresh installs.
        I have to beg ignorance on how all the different folders interact, as I put my stuff in one folder on the server and am done with it. But yeah, perhaps trying each one in isolation will result in finding the one that works. Also, I wonder if you need to install the newer .NET stuff? My sense is that a newer Addin that depends on .NET 4.0 will not auto install, nor will Windows tell you you need it. Stuff is just broken until Autoupdate gets around to installing it, assuming you have autoupdate configured to do so. And lots of people don't because often the update from Microsoft breaks things too. I do love my Mac.

Gordon
        Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Just a thought.....did you restart Revit?

Also do any of these have txt files associated with them? I know of one where you had to put the correct path in the txt file for it to work correctly.
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

HI Lorne

I'm the creator of Family Browser. Is there a good reason why you have shifted the installation of Family Browser to another location? Have you just shifted the ".addins" file or have you shifted all the instalaltion files?

Let me know and I can walk you through getting it going again for you.

Cheers

phillip Miller
            Phillip Miller
            Kiwi Codes Solutions Ltd
            Makers of "Family Browser" and "Project Browser" for Revit.

Comment

MPwuzhere - Yes I've restarted Revit everytime and my computer too. No avail. Also I have the RFO_RibbonAddins and it's pointing to the right folder on my C: Drive.

Kiwi - I actually thought I had Family Browser Downloaded and installed, but don't know where I can download it? Do you have a link?

Also I have since removed all files except for having them in this folder on Windows 7 - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2012\RFO_Ribb onAddins

I have 2 folders and one Text file:
              1. hatch22-2012-05.16.11.a | Folder
              2. RFO_RibbonAddins
              3. Autodesk.RevitArchitectureExtensions.Revit

I know this is the correct folder because the Autodesk extensions works, but not the addins?

Comment

I put the 3 hatch22 files in this folder and it works fine:
                C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\2012
                I thought the family browser had an install routine ?
                Rick Moore, AIA
                Barnes Gromatzky Kosarek Architects

Comment

Rick,

That worked!! It was because I had them in folders. Always so simple.

Now I also found out that the family browser costs money. So no wonder I can't find a download for it!

Got any suggestions for which addins I should use?

Thanks guys,
                  Lorne

Comment

Originally posted by lorne17;29728[B
                    Kiwi [/B]- I actually thought I had Family Browser Downloaded and installed, but don't know where I can download it? Do you have a link?
                    Try our blog page http://revitfb.blogspot.com/

Cheers

Phillip
                    Phillip Miller
                    Kiwi Codes Solutions Ltd
                    Makers of "Family Browser" and "Project Browser" for Revit.

Comment