Change work plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change work plane?

Is it possible to change the workplane of a workplane based family in Revit API (any version)? I can see the parameter and get it's string value, but I can't set it to anything. I can't find any other way to access or change the workplane, is it possible?

I am not knowledgeable enough to know where to look for this, but I'm guessing there is a directive that is reserved for setting object workplanes, as opposed to just setting the parameter's value like a variable.
    .Carl - Architect, BIM Manager, Father, Husband, Coach, Player, Disc Tosser, Driver... not necessarily in that order.

Free Revit Chat | Cre8iveThings Blog | Live Architecture! | Past Live Architecture!

Comment

Not to my knowledge no. But, the API isn't my strongest part...
      Looking at it logically you shouldn't be directly looking for changing the workplane. If I want to do this natively I first have to disassociate and then reassociate by manually appointing a new workplane. So the API-version should be:

- Unhost from workplane and make it re-applicable
      - List possible workplanes (but that might give you an enormous list)
      - Filter out usual suspects based on selection criteria (for instance the level that the element was on in the first place)
      - Pick one...
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

You might look at the parameter itself, wether it is readonly or not. API doc does not explain much. As always there is some need to do some exploration work. Or you might find a example in the SDK samples or a blog at thebuildingcoder.
        [email protected]

http://4revit.com

Comment

I couldn't find it, but I asked Jeremy Tammik at buildingcoder and he said it didn't look like it could be done. I think that's a definitive no, maybe later releases...

Comment