ViewManager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ViewManager

Anyone find it cumbersome navigating views in the browsers treeview interface.

Thinking of building a manager to help with view navigation.

Could also add user defined view lists so a combined list of plan, 3d and sections for example or maybe just the views to be worked on in the session...

Any thoughts, ideas or interest?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLxNuCeaLK0
    Last edited by n8wex; July 31, 2011, 12:55 PM.

Well, it might be cool to have something like the KiwiCodes family manager: the possibility to sort by tab with the use of thumbnail previews...
    Preferably something you can dock on a second screen...
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I miss some kind of organization in the browser.
      Views and sheetviews have a tool for doing that, but not schedules and families.
      I would love to see an implementation of the same process for the last 2.
      A big project can end up with more than 100 schedules, which cannot be sorted properly unless you tweak the title with columns grouping, because unlike views, they can't have the name and title independent, or some other parameter to sort it out.
      As for families, I would love to see the sorted by some parameters (keynote and assembly code are great candidates) and not only their category / family / symbol. You can do some limited management with schedules, but only for the ones inserted in the model, with the exception of detail components.
      So n8wex, yes, I think that would be a great achievement.
      Gonçalo Feio
      "Ignorance, ignorance, sheer ignorance - you know there's no confidence to equal it. It's only when you know something about a profession, I think, that you're timid and careful." George Orson Welles

Comment

Adding to that: Legends have the same problem, no way to sort them...

Ideal situation:
        ALL views and sheets can be sorted in random order based on parameters. So I can put views, sheets, legends and schedules together. Also the preview -function would be nice...
        Martijn de Riet
        MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
          Adding to that: Legends have the same problem, no way to sort them...
          Drafting views can't be browser sorted either can they? I could live without a thumbnail preview, but the ability to sort the things you presently can't would be a massive bonus - and that functionality extended to the printing sets dialog would be a nice cherry on top.

Comment

Originally posted by snowyweston View Post
            I could live without a thumbnail preview
            They are as useful as as animated icons.
            Gonçalo Feio
            "Ignorance, ignorance, sheer ignorance - you know there's no confidence to equal it. It's only when you know something about a profession, I think, that you're timid and careful." George Orson Welles

Comment

Originally posted by feio View Post
              They are as useful as as animated icons.
              Let's not forget to add menu scroll/fade/transparency-effects to the list of pointless GUI "features"!

Comment

Well, I for one would like the previews of views. Not that I don't know what's on my views but I have fairly small projects. I could see how on larger projects finding the right view is a bigger problem...
                Martijn de Riet
                MdR Advies

Comment

Hey guys nice ideas bit busy at the moment scouting a new job / career as a BIM Manager!!!

I think KiwiCodes may be cooking something up anyways...

Comment