Revit LightTable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit LightTable

LightTable is a program I built for AutoCAD many years ago. I didn't think it would carry over to Revit but it does so very nicely. This is the 2nd app I have built with the API and am pretty happy with how easy it is to work with...

The app allows quick linking of CAD files, managing service collections and their visibility states. It can also be used with Revit links or items within the model itself. This is something I believe is very clumsy with the Revit UI. For projects were there is only 2D architectural & structural files this allows documenting in Revit without 3D reference models. It is also very useful when there are no annotations in the architectural (IFC converted) and dwgs are used to present plan s.

There are still some things I would like to add that are just not possible with the API yet to ie creating worksets I have built workarounds where possible.

Its by no means finished however I've put together a video to see if there is any interest and or comments others may have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8pAwJF8FYc

LightTable Toolbar.png

LightTable Manage.png
    Last edited by n8wex; June 27, 2011, 01:23 PM.

I'm sorry but I'm kind of confused as to what this app does... can you elaborate more? is there a place to download a (trial) version to play with?
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I've figured out this a linked file manager or a kind of, playing with filters to show or hide in views.
      How are the linked files created? in Revit basically or with your addins?
      I agree with Martijn, would be cool to try....
      Julien
      "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
      P. DAC
      Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hey guys yes this is a linked file manager for all the main disciplines used to coordinate and design with less clutter when required. When linking it locates the specific path in a dialog so no need to browse through folders etc. Link colours can be changed quickly and their visibility toggled on / off at the click of a button. Its useful for overlaying CAD files when no 3D arch model is available or vice versa. It can be used to toggle RVT links & or elements for each discipline. I plan to build some QA management into the app to manage link revisions and update / superseded links.

Plan to have a demo available soon for you fellas to have play.

I posted some information on linkedin

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Is-an...ig-b_pd-ttl-cn

Cheers,

Nathan

Comment

Put together a quick demo app - needs more supporting docs...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8875196/Ligh...29%20v1.00.exe

Comment

I'll definitely be looking into this. What version of Revit is this for? Does it even matter?
            Martijn de Riet
            Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
            MdR Advies
            Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Needs to be min 2012 for worksets support in the API

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
              I'll definitely be looking into this. What version of Revit is this for? Does it even matter?

Comment

What kind of controls do you have over linked RVT visibility? It is always a pain to get Arch to draw consistently. Would your application be able to help with more elaborate visibility settings?
                -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
                  What kind of controls do you have over linked RVT visibility? It is always a pain to get Arch to draw consistently. Would your application be able to help with more elaborate visibility settings?
                  Currently just toggle on/off however I will look at digging a bit deeper see what is possible with the API. What "elaborate visibility settings" did you have in mind?

Comment

Made some changes to the attach (CAD linking) UI today.
                    Now it will just keep linking disciplines (files) as selected which is very efficient.

Last edited by n8wex; June 28, 2011, 07:07 AM.

Comment