Print Sheet Set by Sheet Parameter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Print Sheet Set by Sheet Parameter

Does anyone know how I can create a printing sheet set by sheet parameter. For example, we have a sheet index that shows which sheets were issued in which set (see attached png). When I go to print multiple sheets I have to select these sheets with the 'X' all over again. It would be nice to be able to have Revit select the sheets for me. We are always having user errors because 1 or 2 sheets didn't get printed but when you have hundreds of sheets it's hard to find them. The zip file I've included is almost there but it has an error right at the end. Give it a shot I think it would be a simple but great add-in. Let me know, thanks.
    Attached Files

what error do you get?
    http://krispcad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Here's a few images to show what it can do before the error pops up:

Capture 1: Add-In has been selected, sheet parameter has been checked, click OK
      Capture 2: We've been putting an 'X' in this parameter so that we know to print the sheet for the Conformance Set (or any other set throughout the project, see image in first post). I select the 'X' and click the right arrow to make it the filtering value (all with 'X' will be included in the set). Click Set Name
      Capture 3: Name the Print Set, click Save
      Capture 4: Error

I'm not much of a programmer so I don't know how to fix it.
      Attached Files

Comment

on the error message, .. what does it say under "show details" ?
        bim cad tech com

Comment

Here it is
          Attached Files

Comment

My errors usually come with line numbers. And that helps a bit.
            Anyway, I started doing something like you, but of course simpler (like me :P).
            My workflow was filling a parameter named "Sheet Set" with the name of the sheet set and add those views to the SS.
            Boring because it was one at a time, but useful.
            Anyway, if you don´t debug that properly, take a couple of days off and when you come back analyse the code with a fresh mind from the beginning and you'll probably find the wrong method.
            Gonçalo Feio
            "Ignorance, ignorance, sheer ignorance - you know there's no confidence to equal it. It's only when you know something about a profession, I think, that you're timid and careful." George Orson Welles

Comment

Sheet Set

Originally posted by feio View Post
              Anyway, I started doing something like you, but of course simpler (like me :P).
              My workflow was filling a parameter named "Sheet Set" with the name of the sheet set and add those views to the SS.
              Boring because it was one at a time, but useful.
              Anyway, if you don´t debug that properly, take a couple of days off and when you come back analyse the code with a fresh mind from the beginning and you'll probably find the wrong method.
              Hi. I'm trying to code a simple sheet set creator based on a sheet parameter value. My desired dialog box is attached. I'm a bit confused between the ViewSet, ViewSheetSet, and ViewSheetSets classes. Can anyone lend assistance? Thanks!
              Attached Files

Comment

Try using the ObjectBrowser of VisualStudio to see the classes hierarchical structure, and search by those classes names to see its usage/relationships by other classes members.
                Gonçalo Feio
                "Ignorance, ignorance, sheer ignorance - you know there's no confidence to equal it. It's only when you know something about a profession, I think, that you're timid and careful." George Orson Welles

Comment

i have been trying to do something similar to this issue, but a bit diffrent: i made it automatically detect if the Title block name contains "a3" or "A4" ...ect it creats a set and add it relevant set. but i can't get a statement that delete the empty set was previously created. for example:

set A4 is not needed because the the sheet is changed to A3 ??

i hope i was clear into this. any advice??

Comment

Originally posted by feio View Post
                    Can you give me a hint on how you get the line numbers to show in your error messages??
                    Phillip Miller
                    Kiwi Codes Solutions Ltd
                    Makers of "Family Browser" and "Project Browser" for Revit.

Comment