No announcement yet.

Predefined values in new sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Sheet Issue Date"... will test some more tommorow, but I´m pretty certain that it won´t work on my setup (Language is the only reason I can think of)
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

The Sheet Issue Date parameter is just text, it's not actually a date format, so you can type in the date in any format you prefer.
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Yah, but as mentioned earlier, I´m too lazy to fill in that information manually, and it´s quite confusing (to me at least) that the format is mm/dd/yy.

Just found an old thread, where Leonid Raiz pretty much confirms that it can not be changed...

However, the "Plot Stamp" Date and Time seems to be using the system defaults... Odd.

dateformat.JPG
        Klaus Munkholm
        "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
          ...However, the "Plot Stamp" Date and Time seems to be using the system defaults... Odd.
          Well, I don´t find it strange. The Plot Stamp IS a date, while the Sheet Issue Date is not, it´s just text. Perhaps, as the founder says, it would have been less confusing had they left the parameter blank by default instead of showing something that looks like a date in typical American format.
          Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

w00 America!!! :beer:
            -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Sheet Issue date format

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
              Well, I don´t find it strange. The Plot Stamp IS a date, while the Sheet Issue Date is not, it´s just text. Perhaps, as the founder says, it would have been less confusing had they left the parameter blank by default instead of showing something that looks like a date in typical American format.
              We have also tried to figure out how to change the "Sheet Issue Date" format. Ok, it's a text parameter and you can write anything you want to fill it. Since Revit clearly reads the date when starting new sheet, it would be nice while doing it, Revit could use windows system settings instead of american format. In hurry people tend to do more mistakes and forgetting to change the date is one of the common mistakes to occurs. Is Sheet Issue Date hardcoded deepdeep into Revit or is there perhaps .ini file to change the format?

Comment

Same problem on this end too.

Regional settings ok but New Sheet displays Sheet Issue Date in American format.

Comment