No announcement yet.

Lighting Fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been considering, the use of a sub-category for some categories called "Installation".
    It would obviously only show off in Fine detail level and the purpose is exactly that - the installation!
    Let me explain:
    Imagine a lighting fixture embeded in a gypsumboard ceiling. They have usually come with standard dimensions for the shape itself but also come with a geometry that is the actual cut of the ceiling for inserting.
    There are lots of candidates for this subcategory: appliances in countertops, fixtures in walls, etc.
    Also usefull are symbolic centre lines for locating mechanical fixings points. Another sub-category?
    Gonçalo Feio
    "Ignorance, ignorance, sheer ignorance - you know there's no confidence to equal it. It's only when you know something about a profession, I think, that you're timid and careful." George Orson Welles

Comment

One of my big pet peeves with wall-related items is that the OOTB template uses the wall CL as the reference point. Why? I've gone through all of mine & changed that to be wall face - exactly where the item will be mounted. No confusion when you change wall thickness. (I don't have Revit open & am about to leave so I didn't look at the rft file - this is just a general observation that might apply here. Sorry if you've already addressed it...)

Comment