Problem of linking FBX model with 3d max model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem of linking FBX model with 3d max model

Hi everyone, I do not know if anyone else facing the same problem or not. My problem when i am linking model from revit 2012 into 3d max 2012 it seems to have progress of loading model then everything stop from loading process and i have to shutdown 3d max programme although i updated it to 3d max 2012 service pack 2 Does anyone know solution for this ?
    I tried everything meter to meter units
    i do not know what to do to link fbx from 3d max

Try using a Section Box in Revit to clip out anything that is not needed for exporting in your view for 3dsMax.

Make sure ONLY elements which are req'd for the scene are visible, and turn off especially unneeded artificial lights.

If the scene is very large/complex, consider dividing it up into multiple FBX models, and use the File Link feature in Max.

Also check your RAM on the machine exporting--could be a low memory problem. The FBX files get very large, compared with Revit file size.
    Cliff B. Collins
    Registered Architect
    The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
    Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment

Thanks cliff for your reply, there is no artificial lights the scene file size is 24MB when exporting it to fbx it becomes 11.6 Mb.
      RAM machine exporting i do not know how to get to it when i am in exporting process.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hmm....

A small model like that should export and Link to Max no problem. Try shutting down Revit and Max and try again.
        Cliff B. Collins
        Registered Architect
        The Lamar Johnson Collaborative Architects, St. Louis, MO
        Autodesk Expert Elite

Comment