Sunlight Studies (in Plan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunlight Studies (in Plan)

Has anyone worked out a way to get around the issue of sunlight leakage when doing dawn-to-dask sunlight/shadow studies?

What do you mean by "sunlight leakage"? Do you have an example to show?
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
      What do you mean by "sunlight leakage"? Do you have an example to show?
      Not to hand - but in that when you use a section box in 3D, (or use any combination of view range settings in plan) the light penetrates as if the cropped (out) elements of your building aren't there - letting light through (ie. through the roof, [i]around[i] walls, etc) where it wouldn't pass if the model were "complete".

Comment

One view with view range from the roof down, one view (shadows off I think) with the floor plan you would like to show as reference. Put the shadowed one on a sheet, put the other one on top. Is that what you are looking for?
        There must be a better way...

Ekko Nap
        Professional nitpicker, architect, revit consultant, etc.

Comment

*UPDATE*

Been a little busy with other things of late* but to keep this thread on it's feet - I thought I'd answer Munkholm's first question with an example...

....from Peter McCarthy's awesome Revit blog (image is a link) hopefully he won't mind, I'll apologise to him in person at the next LRUG if he does.

In essence, the image describes the "problem" perfectly. A shaded plan - where the view-range "cut" removes all (light blocking) elements above it - allowing light to "creep" in where it wouldn't.... look at the internal ensuite spaces, there'd be no (natural) light in that internal corridor - and yet Revit indicates that there would be.

True, I've not tried out ekkonap's method yet, so maybe the solution is out there, but seeing as this keeps floating around in the back of my head/to-do list I just want to keep it fresh for others to chew on.

*mostly job-related work, but also and experimenting with (practical) workflows for landscape modelling for our soon-to-start new (internal) appointment of a landscape architect.

Comment