OOTB rpc truly sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOTB rpc truly sucks

This is why I'm looking at creating my own RPC's...these images are cloud renders (approx. 5.5 mins each, max quality & resolution), very nice quality. It's the standard sample house with a few embellishments, but you can understand my horror at the OOTB RPC trees...uuggh :coffee: what a f$%^ up. For the second shot I changed the trees completely (but still OOTB) and the same problem is still apparent. What a waste of time.

Martijn certainly has my kudos in previous posts about lame product values...

stupid trees 1.jpg stupid trees 2.jpg
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

I thought they sucked because they were RPC's, are there any good ones? The Archvision website is too lame to tell
    Rick Moore, AIA
    Barnes Gromatzky Kosarek Architects

Comment

I like them. Here's a rendering with cars and trees. Not perfect, but certainly better than what you are experiencing IMO.
      I'm on subscription. I think it's 250 a year for the standard package. All the trees, people, and cars I could ever use.
      Attached Files
      Dan

Comment

What I hate about their content is that the images lack a bit of contrast and quite a bit of saturation. All their rpcs, specially trees look dull and washed out. you can play around with the exposure afterwards but it affects the whole rendering so I'm very cautious to use them.
        Juan Carlos Moreno
        Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
        Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

Originally posted by JCM View Post
          What I hate about their content is that the images lack a bit of contrast and quite a bit of saturation. All their rpcs, specially trees look dull and washed out. you can play around with the exposure afterwards but it affects the whole rendering so I'm very cautious to use them.
          Recently I've been rendering each image twice, once with, and once without the RPC's. Then the one with RPC's will be overlaied in Photoshop, given transparency and the exposure adjusted. Gives a pretty cool effect.
          Klaus Munkholm
          "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

I like to make the trees bigger....but place them way back so that they are softer instead of more pronounced.
            Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Well the OOTB RPC definately suck. The "real deal" is better however. But then, this isn't rendered through the cloud.
              As for photoshopping and stuff: I don't go there. Take it or leave it... Instead, I'll play with lighting so that the sadness of the RPC's doesn't really stand out.
              Martijn de Riet
              Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
              MdR Advies
              Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I've gone as far as creating some custom families for trees, just an extrusion of a tree profile, with a semi opaque green material create a copy rotate 90 degrees and you're done. The are very conceptual but the beauty is that you can adjust transparency in order to blend them in more. I like this look although I would prefer in some cases some nice photorealistic trees.
                Juan Carlos Moreno
                Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
                Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                  Well the OOTB RPC definately suck. The "real deal" is better however. But then, this isn't rendered through the cloud.
                  As for photoshopping and stuff: I don't go there. Take it or leave it... Instead, I'll play with lighting so that the sadness of the RPC's doesn't really stand out.
                  ...so you may or may not find this interesting I haven't found time to play with rpc creator yet but this option (as pictured) allows you to set min & max brightness for your rpc's

rpc-brightness.jpg

However, after opening the revit rpc's in the family editor this functionality doesn't seem to exist...

Originally posted by JCM View Post
                  I've gone as far as creating some custom families for trees, just an extrusion of a tree profile, with a semi opaque green material create a copy rotate 90 degrees and you're done. The are very conceptual but the beauty is that you can adjust transparency in order to blend them in more. I like this look although I would prefer in some cases some nice photorealistic trees.
                  sounds interesting, do you have anything you can show us?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by elton williams; October 13, 2011, 08:26 AM. Reason: picture works when i edit...made it smaller
                  There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Already downloaded it to play around with. It's on my to-do list... Then again, GIMP is too some 23 entries back, and that one I came across 5 months ago on this forum... So I guess it'll be around mid 2014 before I can get around to this.

btw: I can't follow your attachment. Got an "Invalid Link" error message...
                    Martijn de Riet
                    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                    MdR Advies
                    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment