Lumion 12 released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lumion 12 released

I've been playing with Lumion 12 today and while it feels smoother as with all new versions it might be my imagination.

Volumetric spotlights is a nice new feature, some improvements to controls and video editing, some extra content (same dogs and cat though - don't they realise that I work in the UK - a nation of dog and cat lovers? ๐Ÿ˜€)

The glossy launch video is curious. Is this aimed at working designers? It impresses colleagues who don't know anything about modelling or rendering. I've not been in a big office in a long time but it always used to seem to me that the people in charge fell into that category ๐Ÿค”

What the heck, I've bought my copy anyway ๐Ÿ˜Ž

William Sutherland rias riba
    WS Architecture Ltd

Comments and explanations on Gloss Maps in Lumion 12 by a proper expert - good technical stuff in this video:

Last edited by willsud; November 4, 2021, 09:09 PM.
    WS Architecture Ltd

Comment

Now this does look interesting in Lumion 12 - a little video about the new decals feature (decal is pronounced 'deck-al' here in the UK as far as I am aware, but as mentioned in this Canadian man's video it seems in some countries - the USA I am guessing? - it is pronounced 'dee-cal' )

WS Architecture Ltd

Comment

And finally a detailed review of the new features in Lumion 12, by Chris Welton:

He even discovers something new while doing the presentation

WS Architecture Ltd

Comment

Well that's interesting, Thanks willsud for Sharing it, I'm still in lumion 11 which i started to use in my work for a month since, I must say that I'm more comfortable using Enscape but since here there's no enscape I have no choice , I've noticed that volumetric lights, very impressive
          Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
          Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
          "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
          E.A Poe

Comment

I find Enscape best for interactive client presentations and when designing the building in Revit. I use Lumion when I want presentation renders or video walkthroughs. The animated cat alone is almost worth the price of Lumion because of the client reaction to videos that it appears in. Some clients call me after receiving their video and ask that I change the cat for a dog
            WS Architecture Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by willsud View Post
              The animated cat alone is almost worth the price of Lumion because of the client reaction to videos that it appears in. Some clients call me after receiving their video and ask that I change the cat for a dog
              Wow, I've never noticed that cat, I'm going to look for it right now!!

hope is something like this!

left is Syd Barrett (which is also my avatar!) and at the right side of the photo is Nina Simone

Nina y Syd.jpg
              Andres Franco - Architect - BIM Coordinator
              Revit Certified Professional - AutoCAD Certified Professional
              "I became insane, with long intervals of horribly sanity"
              E.A Poe

Comment

Brilliant!
                WS Architecture Ltd

Comment

On the subject of Lumion, you might be interested in this video which is quite impressive
                  Last edited by BLothian; November 26, 2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks BL, very impressive - and to think I start fidgeting if a render takes more than a few minutes ๐Ÿ˜Š

Reminds me a bit of the city in 'Westworld' (i.e. Singapore) - all clean and shiny (as opposed to the city in Bladerunner )

cheers,
                    WS Architecture Ltd

Comment