To the cloud!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the cloud!!

Here's a comparison of the exact same rendered view showing the difference in speed and quality for the cloud rendering function...

#1 is a time snapshot of default 'best' settings (Revit 2012 update 2) from a 2.4 dual core...1235 x 507 px...1hr 32m 19s...this is for laughs :laugh:

#2 is maximum settings from the online cloud feature, 2000 x 821 pixels, time taken to render...7.1 minutes!

#3 is the full 1235 x 507 render from #1...

I don't know what else to say but WOW, what a difference! There really is NO comparison...

...FYI this is a 2011 project upgraded to 2012, the online t&c states materials may be a bit dodgy but it seems ok to me, the glass is certainly very reflective and ambient occlusion is working well

would love to hear your comments...:wine:

ps. decals don't work with online rendering, hence the blank signage...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by elton williams; October 5, 2011, 05:09 PM.
    There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

I was amazed that it would render quickly with all lights on. The attached rendered at the highest setting (2000 x 1164) in 19.6 minutes.
    Attached Files
    Rick Moore, AIA
    Barnes Gromatzky Kosarek Architects

Comment

nice shot Rick :thumbsup: , now i'm gonna have to find a well lit interior to render...

Comment

Elton... Looks like you got RPC's working in the cloud? Would you mind sharing how? Thanks :beer:
        Klaus Munkholm
        "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
          Elton... Looks like you got RPC's working in the cloud? Would you mind sharing how? Thanks :beer:
          Ummm, they just worked...I didn't know they were an issue

Comment

Ahh... Just found this: Autodesk Cloud Rendering

Unsupported features:
            • Sun Studies are not rendered as sequences of images, but as single images of the current active frame of the sequence.
            • Decals do not appear in any rendering.
            • Haze settings are ignored.
            • RPC (Rich Photorealistic Content) objects that are not part of the original Revit release are not uploaded to the service or rendered.
            • Self-illuminated materials render with no self-illumination.
            Klaus Munkholm

Comment

...RPC (Rich Photorealistic Content) objects that are not part of the original Revit release are not uploaded to the service or rendered.
              FYI, the RPC trees I used here are 'aspens' but I changed their render appearance to 'shumard oak' (yes a bit dodgy ). Might be worth exploring with custom images? Using Archvisions RPC creator would probably make it "not part of the original Revit release" and I don't know any other way to use non-revit images

What I have just noticed (have a look at Tina down the alleyway in pic #2) and REALLY bugs me is these face-based OOTB RPC's quite often 'float' until you readjust their elevation so they actually sit correctly on the selected face :banghead:

Comment

Ahh... Just found this: Autodesk Cloud Rendering

Unsupported features:
                • Sun Studies are not rendered as sequences of images, but as single images of the current active frame of the sequence.
                • Decals do not appear in any rendering.
                • Haze settings are ignored.
                • RPC (Rich Photorealistic Content) objects that are not part of the original Revit release are not uploaded to the service or rendered.
                • Self-illuminated materials render with no self-illumination.
                OMFG! Am I the only one that finds this sooooo :banghead:? Why is it not possible to finsih something COMPLETELY before you put it out there??? Ok, I get it when it's just a Preview. But this is now an official Autodesk product.

IT IS NO LONGER A BETA PHASE SO MAKE IT FREAKING WORK PROPERLY BEFORE YOU LAUNCH IT!!!
                No Decals? So a big part of entourage / logos are no longer useable?
                No RPC's? Right, the ootb ones... Well at least it's clear. When you see a rendering with 26 freaking yellow beetles, it's a Cloud rendering...
                O, and some materials won't work either... So all neon signs are off limits too.

When was the last time anyone didn't use any of these in a rendering?
                <rant off>
                Last edited by mdradvies; October 6, 2011, 03:23 PM.
                Martijn de Riet
                Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                MdR Advies
                Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

I feel your frustrations, but at the same time find it hard to complain about something they don't charge us for
                  Klaus Munkholm

Comment

I feel your frustrations, but at the same time find it hard to complain about something they don't charge us for
                    Right, you don't really believe that do you? You always pay for it, they're in the business of making money, just like we are. So someone has to pay for it.
                    Martijn de Riet
                    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                    MdR Advies
                    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment