Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAJOR rendering problem

Ok, here's the thing:

I've recently reinstalled Revit on my PC (reinstalled my whole pc btw) from the Building Design Suite. Now, every time I want to change a material Revit freezes. I found this earlier thread, but that solution (Wacom driver) doesn't apply, I don't have it installed. Further more, it used to work fine but there seems to be something wrong with this install.

I already turned off the hardware acceleration. I'm on the same video driver as before, nothing changed there. Didn't have any problems before.

I already reinstalled Revit for a second time.
    Might this be related to the BDS installment? I noticed that there has been a SP for the standalone version, but my product page doesn't show it (maybe because I'm on BDS?)

Does anyone have any ideas???
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Well, never mind. It got sorted by installing the Webupdate...
    Don't know what was wrong but I would like to know if there has been anyone else who experienced this behaviour when JUST installing the shipped Building Design Suite...?
    Martijn de Riet
    MdR Advies

Comment

Have you checked that the material libraries installed properly?

And just for the record, the BDS version of Revit, is the exact same product/install as the stand-alone, so you should be able to install a the SP1
      Klaus Munkholm
      "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

I know you said you don't have the wacom driver issue but maybe work your way through this process from ADSK
        Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Love it! The forum have been a ghost city for 1½ day, and now 3 posts within the same minute

Glad you got it working Martijn :beer:
          Klaus Munkholm

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
            Love it! The forum have been a ghost city for 1½ day, and now 3 posts within the same minute

Glad you got it working Martijn :beer:
            Hey Munk it has been the weekend and ghost city is good, means we are all getting away from our screens and out into the real world.
            Mark Balsom

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Comment

Hmm... What real world? Didn´t get to see much of that this weekend (Even emailed with the host and domain registrar during dinner last night :hide

But maybe we should just turn off the forum every weekend ?? :laugh:
              Klaus Munkholm

Comment

Originally posted by mark b View Post
                I know you said you don't have the wacom driver issue but maybe work your way through this process from ADSK
                ROTFLMAO, It was the touch screen driver then... I have a 24" touch screen setup on my pc. (love it, but not for Revit. Get's my saucage fingers all tangled up).
                Anyway, the webupdate did fix it.
                Martijn de Riet
                MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                  Hmm... What real world? Didn´t get to see much of that this weekend (Even emailed with the host and domain registrar during dinner last night :hide

But maybe we should just turn off the forum every weekend ?? :laugh:
                  Well, SOME of us were forced to go out there, spend the afternoon in the Zoo.... And yesterday I had to clean out the entire shed and make room for the garden furniture. Well, I guess I do have to thank you for that one. I usually wait with that until it's already freazing my behind off...

EDIT: Hilarious, we have just 7 users online now... (and 2 of us are way past bedtime)
                  Last edited by mdradvies; September 25, 2011, 11:17 PM.
                  Martijn de Riet
                  MdR Advies

Comment

Originally posted by mdradvies View Post
                    EDIT: Hilarious, we have just 7 users online now... (and 2 of us are way past bedtime)
                    How about just one, ...left alone in the dark (with 3 strangers) out there :hide:.
                    Attached Files

Comment