Material not rendering correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
    Dan, if you make a copy of the project, and then delete everything but the exterior walls and the 3D view, run a purge, and upload the project + the brick image (+ bump map?) here, I´d be happy to have a look at it later.
    Okay, I'll take you up on that. I wound up using a different material that looks a bit more like the actual brick. I'd still like to know how to fix the problem, though. It's rendering now so I'll do it in a few. Thanks!
    Dan

Comment

Well, I deleted everything and it's still 6 meg. All I have is walls, whatever families Revit wouldn't let me delete, and materials. Do I need to delete each material one at a time? That will take a while. lol
      Dan

Comment

6 MB is fine, if you mail it to munkholm (at) revitforum.org
        Klaus Munkholm
        "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
          That just sounds like a lot of work. lol
          Renderings ARE a lot of work! Everyone seems to think there is an 'easy' button for them... "Doesn't Revit automatically update/fix everything instantly? Isn't that why we use it?" Lol
          Chad Koscinski | Architect

Comment

Originally posted by Chadwick17 View Post
            Renderings ARE a lot of work! Everyone seems to think there is an 'easy' button for them... "Doesn't Revit automatically update/fix everything instantly? Isn't that why we use it?" Lol
            Well isn't it?? lol
            Dan

Comment

Dan, got your email, and have made some changes, which brings it really close and I´m sure you can get even closer by changing some of the values.

Basic steps.
              1. Chose a new "generic brick" material as the base.
              2. Change the image to Chateau King Running
              3. Set the right image size
              4. Set image brightness to ~20
              5. Change the color to fit the image (RGB = 106-73-58)
              6. Turn down image fade to ~80
              7. Create a bump map from the image (Photoshop, Greyscale, Invert & Exposure setting)
              8. Choose the new bump map for bump
              9. Set the right image size
              10. Set the brightness to ~50
              11. Set the bump amount to ~100
              Attached Files
              Klaus Munkholm
              "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

It looks like the final step would just be to add a little saturation in the render exposure control and increasing the contrast a bit by playing with the highlights and shadows controls
                Juan Carlos Moreno
                Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
                Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

Wow, nice job Munk. Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I really do appreciate it.

However, LOL..................

After all that it's still not the correct color. It's actually a red brick and that still looks brown to me. Mayb I need to go to the eye doctor.

Here's an actual pick of the building we are matching. It's the reddish brick on the sides. I actually have a sample board on my desk and it looks just like that so it's not just the picture.

Maybe the color sample from Acme is just wrong?

That being said, can you explain why the bump would affect the color so much? Even though it's the wrong shade, your's still looks way better than my original one. I think it's because of the bump map.
                  Attached Files
                  Dan

Comment

I wound up just using a redder brick and faking it for the renderings. Here's what it looks like.

There are some issues with the rendering. Half because I'm don't know what I'm doing in PS, half because I suck at rendering. SO be gentle. lol

The picture for the background wasn't camera matched perfectly, but it's close enough for what I need it for. Also, you can see where I took out a tree in PS. I did a crapp job blending the sky back into the remaining trees.
                    Attached Files
                    Dan

Comment

Maybe tou need to adjust the color on your monitor...
                      -Alex Cunningham

Comment