Revit OpEd: Phases are Deleted - Electrical Issue - Cancel placing a wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit OpEd: Phases are Deleted - Electrical Issue - Cancel placing a wire

A client shared this issue with me a couple of weeks ago and Autodesk has acknowledged it as a bug. If you've already installed 2018.1 it has been patched, so the scary bit that follows has been dealt with.

The issue: Place the first node of a wire and then cancel (press ESC key for example) before placing the second node. Afterward, people find that their project's Phases are no longer available. In other words, the phases are not listed in the Phasing dialog box nor in the Phase parameter for elements, when examining the Properties palette. Also, the buttons that allow us to create new phases are disabled in the Phases dialog.

Bad bug! Fixed in version 2018.1.

Click here to view the entire blog post.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Walls with no phase?
    I have a couple walls in my legend phase that are showing up that shouldn't be. If I click on the wall to check / change the phase it lists the created...
    April 4, 2012, 04:28 PM
  • conduits in phasing
    i noticed that connected conduits will be disconnected after demolishing, means you cannot have connected conduits after using phases.

September 11, 2012, 06:07 PM
  • Revit OpEd: Which Phase Filter?
    There are several phase filters that stock templates come with. Sometimes people aren't certain which ones to use or why they exist. There are three options
    March 6, 2014, 04:15 AM
  • Future Phase Issue
    We have a new building that we expect to have a future expansion. When the engineer designed the building in RAM, he designed the entire building, with...
    June 7, 2011, 09:27 PM
  • Revit OpEd: Demo Is Not a Phase
    At least in Revit's "world".

This is a common point of confusion when people start using Revit phasing tools, real versus virtual,...
    August 15, 2011, 03:00 PM
Working...
X