Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIM Troublemaker: BIM Related Lawsuit: Sounds like Trouble to me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIM Troublemaker: BIM Related Lawsuit: Sounds like Trouble to me....

A board member at a very successful architectural practice once told me that "We get paid to DESIGN the buildings, not build them"

Case in point from Architectural Record:
    BIM Lawsuit Offers Cautionary Tale

How long until this story gets blown wildly out of proportion?

Click here to view the entire blog post.
    Don´t want to see the Blog Posts on the forum? Just [url="http://revitforum.org/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=2540"clic k here[/url] to add the Blog Fetcher to your Ignore List

That's one of the problems with architecture and for that matter, engineering today. Even when I was in school in the 70's, there wasn't anyone who could actually build anything, including the instructors. Waaa Waa Revit and before that ADT made you actually think about how it goes together intead of joining lines on paper (Or screen).

Comment

Originally posted by Fineline View Post
      That's one of the problems with architecture and for that matter, engineering today. Even when I was in school in the 70's, there wasn't anyone who could actually build anything, including the instructors. Waaa Waa Revit and before that ADT made you actually think about how it goes together intead of joining lines on paper (Or screen).
      I can kind of see where firms are coming from. It is a business and if my business has nothing to gain by designing very constructable buildings why does it matter to me? This is why I feel more and more owners are going to start requesting Design Build or IPD type contracts that will help alleviate this.

Comment