Bluebeam PDF Revu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluebeam PDF Revu?

Anyone have any feedback on the quality of this product? We are looking for an alternative to Adobe Acrobat for PDF creation and review.

Originally posted by bgodava View Post
    Anyone have any feedback on the quality of this product? We are looking for an alternative to Adobe Acrobat for PDF creation and review.
    It has a lot of features. I use it the majority of the time for opening PDFs, but still use the Adobe to print out of Revit mainly because the Adobe has less options.

The measure tool in Revu is really nice and using this is also one of the ways we make sketches outside of revit which is pretty handy.

Comment

We use to use Cute PDF, mainly becaue it was free, for print out of Revit, but are looking to step up to a better product now.

Comment

I was checking it out for an Adobe alternative...Its a lot easier to reorder sheets than Acrobat. For printing its okay, we decided to go with PDFCreator since it will allow for automatic file renaming. Another option we are looking at purchasing (hopefully this year) is Xrev Transmit, but that's just for creation too...we still use Acrobat for review and modification.
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Bluebeam Revu is great. We use it for plotting from revit, PDF reviewing, PDF markup, submission reviews, etc.
          Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
          @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

We're checking this out as well. Aaron, have you found an effective workflow of getting those markups and comments from Revu back to Revit? Exporting to spreadsheet?

I know Design Review has a half baked way of round tripping those comments and clouds. Any such thing by way of Revu?
            01010010011001010111011001101001011101000010000001 10100101110011001000000110010001100101011000010110 0100

Comment

I havent looked, and i really wont, either. We use Bluebeam/Adobe for the folks that want to use PDF. We all obviously have Design Review, and support using that as well. If people want to see the markups in Revit, i tell them to use ADR. If they want to markup easier and NOT have them in revit, i tell them to use the PDF.
              Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
              @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment