Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revit 1.0 build CD contents is on Twitter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit 1.0 build CD contents is on Twitter.

If anyone wants to have some fun, here is a link to the Revit 1.0 CD ROM that Harry Mattison posted on twitter:

https://twitter.com/harrymattison/st...097607169?s=20

Im going to get it running (in demo mode, obviously) on a VM, just for giggles.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

yeah saw the tweet and downloading as we speak...uh type.
    Fits nicely in my collection.
    Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
    Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

OK it must be me, but how the hell do I download something from Google Drive??

I right click on the folder and choose 'download', it tells me 'prepering for download' and the little circle is turning blue slowly but when that is done, nothing happens??

[edit]
      Seems Google wants my cookies to be turned on before I can download stuff
      [/edit]
      Last edited by Robin Deurloo; October 21, 2020, 09:48 PM.
      Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

OH man Revit has come a long way since v. 1.0.
        This is very funny. I mean if you think the Revit 2021 sample files are bad, look at the 1.0 sample files

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Deurloo View Post
          OH man Revit has come a long way since v. 1.0.
          This is very funny. I mean if you think the Revit 2021 sample files are bad, look at the 1.0 sample files
          and still, for a 20 year old program, not much changed. I started working with it in 2012 and since then i can count on one hand the major changes they made, if any. Compared to archicad, rhino, even that unknown bricscad, there have been almost no improvements, and still no multicore support, 20 years later.
          sorry for not contributing anything to the convo, just draining my frustration here a bit

Comment

Originally posted by snuffy View Post
            and still, for a 20 year old program, not much changed.
            You are missing a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by RobDraw View Post
              You are missing a lot.
              Well, i didnt detail what changes they did or didnt in thr last 20 years. But lemme just say that a short googling session will find stuff that they havent solved since 2002.
              Something they recently solved and was extremely frustrating since thr beginning of revit life was that you couldn't use shared parameters on key schedules. They literally fixed that now after 20 years, for revit 2021. Same to flip a section head, and orient it with the element, they just fixed that now..i remember finding a forum post from 2005-6 where a.mass of people complained about that.
              If revit would have had enough backend support, 150 companies from around the world would not complain about its lack of historical support.
              Now dont get me wrong - i love revit and i can use it well enough to know its most minute "moods". But if you think that revit is a program that was properly maintained and supported since autodesk bought it, then you can downvote me to oblivion :laugh:

Comment

Oh, you're one of those people that takes a simple statement and twists it into something totally different from it's intended meaning.

Let me spell it out. If you think Revit hasn't changed a lot since it's inception, you couldn't be more mistaken. Pointing out long standing issues and referencing a poorly written letter from a handful of architects is not an argument and is a lame attempt at deflection.

Comment

Originally posted by RobDraw View Post
                  Oh, you're one of those people that takes a simple statement and twists it into something totally different from it's intended meaning.

Let me spell it out. If you think Revit hasn't changed a lot since it's inception, you couldn't be more mistaken. Pointing out long standing issues and referencing a poorly written letter from a handful of architects is not an argument and is a lame attempt at deflection.
                  Ok, thanks for spelling it out.

Comment

I have more letters for you, MEP.

Comment