Bonanza Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonanza Ranch

Well, Alf, it's about done. Just some minor tweaking. My largest project to date. Feels good.
    Attached Files
    Dan

Our little furry monster is all grown up now... Nice project!
    Martijn de Riet
    Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
    MdR Advies
    Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
      Well, Alf, it's about done. Just some minor tweaking. My largest project to date. Feels good.
      Wow, congratulations, Dan, keep up the good work!
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Thats TINY dude. My Dogs house is bigger... if i had a dog.
        -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Cunningham View Post
          Thats TINY dude. My Dogs house is bigger... if i had a dog.
          You need bigger monitors. :laugh:

It's not huge, it's just my biggest project to date. Hell, a 22,000 SF vacation home ain't bad! I'll take 2, please.

Plus, it's hard to appreciate it's size in a screen snippet. It's a pretty nice house. I'll be doing a few renderings once we tweak all the windows and the rest of the site work.
          Last edited by dzatto; August 25, 2011, 02:24 PM.
          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dzatto View Post
            You need bigger monitors. :laugh:

It's not huge, it's just my biggest project to date. Hell, a 22,000 SF vacation home ain't bad! I'll take 2, please.

Plus, it's hard to appreciate it's size in a screen snippet. It's a pretty nice house. I'll be doing a few renderings once we tweak all the windows and the rest of the site work.
            don't forget an interior "fly thru". I'd like to see where the wine cellar is
            I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
              80,000 bottle cellar???
              -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Figure the roof is going to be standing seam? Are you going to try modeling it or leave it to details? I've been wanting to try to create a family that would create the standing seam...figure if Archicad can do it so can Revit...

So the "Bonanza Ranch"....is it gonna get built on the Ponderosa? The place has been vacant for years....
                Attached Files
                Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
                  I would, but a lot of the interior isn't modeled. :hide: I know, I know. Lines suck. But the client has a guy that does hand perspectives that he gives to the clients. He eventually wants to start doing it all in Revit. So, that day will come. I've attached a quick PDF of the theater room. All heavy timber framing and stone. It should look sweet.

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
                  Figure the roof is going to be standing seam? Are you going to try modeling it or leave it to details? I've been wanting to try to create a family that would create the standing seam...figure if Archicad can do it so can Revit...

So the "Bonanza Ranch"....is it gonna get built on the Ponderosa? The place has been vacant for years....
                  :laugh: No, it's in west Texas. Bonanza Ranch is what Alf dubbed it early on. It's just sort of stuck.

The roof is mainly composite shingle. The hunter's lodge / shop area, as far as the stair towers and porte co will be standing seam.

There's a thread on here somewhere about how to do a standing seam roof with curtain walls and mullions. I did this for the porte co originally, but the client told me it wasn't necessary. So I'll just use materials for the rendering and surface patterns for the elevation.
                  Attached Files
                  Dan

Comment

Theater room looks kinda like a log home I designed...it got built in Whitefish, Montana...but our trusses were log, not timber..

Looks pretty cool though.
                    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment