(Bitter) Sweet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Bitter) Sweet!

It seems the leadership over in the Film and TV group has cajones and vision. And yet Revit is supposed to become some cross platform web joke? Or maybe the Mac virus will spread. Obviously those who are actually familiar with the possibilities are choosing to act, rather than wait.

Gordon
    Pragmatic Praxis

It's funny, but I had never heard the expression "cajones and vision"; it sounds like Spanish, but it makes no sense. But now that I look it up in the internet, I have found the expression like that, such in this article. The funny thing is that the word "cajones" means just drawers, like the drawers of a desk. I guess somebody made a mistake in the beginning between "cajones" and "cojones" and all the others have used copy-paste too much?

Maybe they wanted to say "cojones & vision", since "cojones" means guts, courage, and literally, testicles. :laugh:
    Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

Kind of like O'la instead hola?
      Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Sorry, California high school graduate. So my english spelling ain't so hot, either. Yeah, cojones. Spine. Leadership.
        And thanks for the language lesson. Always good. Still remember my Cantonese lesson; the difference between Mother, Hemp, Horse and To Curse. One word, four inflections, lots of potential for getting yourself in trouble with potential in-laws.

And all that said, MotionFX is bloody cool as a real time, GPU accelerated effects demo. And quick enough to develop that they can offer it for free just to show what is possible? Imagine what Revit could be with GrandCentralDispatch and OpenCL fully leveraged? Or a free GPU accelerated model viewer with real time rendering? On rails, physics limited or freeform movement? Moving 3D entourage with the SketchUp silhouette effect? Magic indeed.
        For what it is worth, with GCD & OpenCL a freaking iPad has more (usable) graphics horsepower than the $3000 Windows computer sitting on someone's desk. So take that RVT model navigator tool, put it on an iPad, buy a $100 AppleTV to take with you to the client, plug in the ATV and present in real time, wirelessly, to any screen you want? Yeah, I know some Architects who want that!

Gordon
        Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

..and where do your cojones live? In your cajones. I feel very tri-lingual now. (New Jersey is my native tongue).

Comment

Originally posted by gwnelson View Post
            ..and where do your cojones live? In your cajones. I feel very tri-lingual now. (New Jersey is my native tongue).
            In a drawer with your socks and your ... (probably NAFW!

Gordon
            Pragmatic Praxis

Comment