Autodesk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autodesk

Do you guys think Autodesk people (other than Jeff of course :thumbsup: :beer are reading our forum (and others) and making some notes for future software improvements based on our discussions and issues? I hope so…
    …or only official feedback is taken into consideration. I hope not…

Lot's of Autodesk people read the forums here and elsewhere at different frequency. The scope of projects that are started there might originate as a result of a thread here but more often than not they derive from the consistency of the requests from many places. The reality is what you suggest today is not "possible" for about two years, the rough development cycle for a "new" feature. The hope is that what "you" want is already known (and more importantly, understood) and in the pipeline. The current thread is confirmation that it is still wanted and should be on their agenda. Imagine being a "fly on the wall" in the room while they are deciding what to do next!

Then again some things start entirely internally...like the ribbon
    Last edited by Steve_Stafford; August 22, 2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
      Imagine being a "fly on the wall" in the room while they are deciding what to do next!
      Wow, is that what we, the costumers, are? How do we become a mosquito, then? At least a mosquito is more annoying, maybe they will pay more attention to it. Oh, no, wait... what if they have a folded newspaper handy, or a shoe...? :laugh:
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

I left a couple rolls of drawings at the "factory" years ago, at the request of a couple designers, for them to use as ammunition in their fight for "us". Later in an email between us I hinted that there might have been a "bug" or two in them. They told me my comment freaked them out for a minute because of something I wrote in a blog post (or at AUGI maybe) at nearly the same time. It actually seemed plausible because apparently I wrote the essence of what was one of their conversations behind their closed office door. It was good for a laugh anyway.

I'd prefer to be a small "protected" bird or other form of wildlife that would be ever present and a "worry" but something they couldn't "kill" for fear of reprisal.
        Last edited by Steve_Stafford; August 22, 2011, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by steve_stafford View Post
          imagine being a "fly on the tilted wall" in the room while they are deciding what to do next!
          Couldn't help myself
          Last edited by biff; August 23, 2011, 12:41 AM.
          Motorbike riding is one long bezier curve

Comment

Originally posted by PijPiwo View Post
            Do you guys think Autodesk people (other than Jeff of course) are reading our forum...
            The last time I checked, this forum alone had 14 registered Autodesk employees on the member list. Not all of them are "active", but JeffH, Scott D Davis and TheViking participate on regular basis - And then there´s Kevin Dolley, who´s reading a lot of the threads, or the Twitter version of them, and on regular basis re-tweets the best of them @RevitWikiHelp (Thank you for that Kevin!) - And of course there could be many more Autodesk employees who´s "just" reading the forum as visitors (lurking).

The Autodesk employees are not "officially" here, meaning that they stop by voluntarily (Some of them, even on evenings and weekends) - But it makes great sense that they´re interested in helping out their customers, and try to stay "up-to-date" on the problems the customers are having with their products. In a way, they are the "Fly on the (tilted) wall" :beer:

And while on the topic - On behalf of everyone here, I´d like to thank the Autodesk employees for participating here, making it a even greater resource to all of us! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by biff View Post
            Couldn't help myself
            That´s funny (But who´ll clean up the coffee I just spew all over my monitors??)
            Klaus Munkholm
            "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

Well it isn't just your Autodesk employee's that are hanging around these sites. I am on Augi, Revit City and this one. I follow numerous blogs because I feel as a Reseller that I need to be up to date with information for my clients on how best to achieve things inside of Revit and how I can better help them with existing issues that happen in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Munkholm View Post
                And while on the topic - On behalf of everyone here, I´d like to thank the Autodesk employees for participating here, making it a even greater resource to all of us! :thumbsup:
                Yes. Hats off to all of them. At the same time, not forgetting of course about everyone else (not associated with Autodesk) helping on this forum and making it the best on the web :thumbsup:

Cheers :beer:

Comment