Is there a trend here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a trend here?

Has anyone else noticed how there seem to be a lot more posts recently asking how to do things in Revit "like we can in ArchiCAD"?

Methinks we're seeing more converts?
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Seems a couple of people....I just post stuff on it since I was using Archicad for a few years before I even got the Autodesk Revit demo CD in the mail. (Got Civil3D the same day come to think of it...)
    Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Think you´re right Dave... We probably got a "mentioning" on a ArchiCad site, but I can´t keep up with all the new referrals - Besides, I was one of the lazy ones who didn´t even bother to look into the "competing" software - So I know jack about ArchiCad.

But surely, in time, we´ll see a heck of a lot of "converts" :beer:
      Klaus Munkholm
      "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

The brother of my wife and his wife use archicad. My sister and her husband use vectorworks and archicad. Me and my wife are using revit. Every party we have together (6 architects & 3 softwares ) it's about what can i do and you can't do.
        Last edited by gaby424; August 11, 2011, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Ha, ha, ha, you're killing me... I have only a wife and a sister architects and that is enough to cool down any party arguing on a matter interesting only to ourselves...

Comment

What's fun is also getting someone that uses Chief Architect involved.....Was talking shop one day at a restaurant in CdA, the folks next to us started to comment on the program we were using and how it was inferior to theirs..Yep, they all worked for Chief Arfchitect, their office was across the street.

Comment

well, it's more fun to have an argue about software than about architecture You can't be offended.

Comment

Originally posted by gaby424 View Post
                well, it's more fun to have an argue about software than about architecture You can't be offended.
                Are you sure about that? I used to follow and comment some of these discussions on LinkedIn. Could get very heated. There are people who take this stuff REALLY seriously out there...
                Martijn de Riet
                Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
                MdR Advies
                Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Yeah, they do take it seriously.. I kinda ignored the guy...my beer was more interesting :beer:

Comment