Feels good yo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels good yo!

I am in the stage when i start using families and i start developing my skills in it. Damn feels good when you see result and now i understand you guys, why lines, regions sucks hard. Feels so good that even i want to model basically everything (except bolts) !

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Ahh yes - Phase three? (see below-you may have seen this, still holds true)

I know how you feel when you finally realize the the possibilities are endless.

Congrats! it feels good to use the program, not have the program use you!
      keep up the good work!

Six Phases of Revit
      Phase One - Initial Excitement!!! - "Holy Crap! Look what I can do with this thing!"
      Phase Two - First bump - "Hmmmm...? Why won't it do what I want? That's not how I do it in (insert other cad software here)!"
      Phase Three - Creamy Middle - mmm... things are going more smoothly, now......mmmmm"
      Phase Four - WTF stage - The family editor "eats you up and spits you out"!
      Phase Five - The Enlightenment - Things really begin to click! You understand why things are happening in your model, and better yet how to control them and avoid problems. You have conquered the family editor.
      Phase Six - Zen of Revit - You have mastered nearly all things Revit. You "know" what Revit "likes", and what it "dislikes" during model construction, a sixth sense, really. You spend your time exploring and tweaking advanced scheduling, OBDC, external parameters, AR3. You have a template to beat all templates, families for every situation.

Comment

Congrats Bangobeat! You made that step into the abyss of Families :beer:. I’m at the gate (not to say ‘gate of hell’) of Phase Four myself and I just do not dare to enter :hide: realizing at the same time that there is no future in Revit without crossing that threshold. So, either turn back to Acad (…what the…? …what am I saying?? :banghead: ) or continue into that dark maze… I just don’t like to be eaten up and spitted out …oh give me strength . (lol)

Comment

I'd say some more :beer: should do the trick
          Martijn de Riet
          Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
          MdR Advies
          Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

Rolling in phase 4 here. Argh! Some more of :beer: :beer: and :beer: should work.
            " Purpose may point you in the right direction but it's passion that propels you" - Travis McAshan

Comment