Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life in IT

PlentyOfTime.PNG
    And we wonder why we can't make any progress on our own to do list.
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]11312[/ATTACH]
    Come on Dave, don't hate the player, hate the game.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]11312[/ATTACH]
      The real bummer thing is... I bet they showed up at 10am took a 2 hour lunch and a long break durring the day. I do remember my days of IT. Most of the time it was easy but the few times the **** hits the fan it sucked.
      -Alex Cunningham

Comment

When my wife worked for the State Veterans Cemetery the IT Department was on the other side of the state (She was in Medical Lake near Spokane and IT was in Olympia). First, they only work Monday thru Thursday because of budget cuts, so nobody ever answered their phones on Fridays, even though they were supposed to for emergencies. When they did have to fly over to take care of computer or network issues they take the latest flights possible so they got here at 10am. They would go to a different site first instead of my wife's for some odd reason, then go to lunch and show up at the cemetery at 2pm. Then they stay for one hour as they have a 4pm flight back because they can't work overtime. Problem never gets fixed.

I need to remind my wife about this ongoing issue if she ever mentions she misses working for the State...as she quit last Summer.
        Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MPwuzhere View Post
          When my wife worked for the State Veterans Cemetery the IT Department was on the other side of the state (She was in Medical Lake near Spokane and IT was in Olympia). First, they only work Monday thru Thursday because of budget cuts, so nobody ever answered their phones on Fridays, even though they were supposed to for emergencies. When they did have to fly over to take care of computer or network issues they take the latest flights possible so they got here at 10am. They would go to a different site first instead of my wife's for some odd reason, then go to lunch and show up at the cemetery at 2pm. Then they stay for one hour as they have a 4pm flight back because they can't work overtime. Problem never gets fixed.

I need to remind my wife about this ongoing issue if she ever mentions she misses working for the State...as she quit last Summer.
          and when they retire they get a pension bureaucracy at it's finest.
          Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
          BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment