Project Chronicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Chronicle

Saw this on the blog feed and it looks pretty freakin sweet - especially the ability to see what commands are being used during the video.

http://www.revitforum.org/blog-feeds...html#post70384
    https://chronicle.autodesk.com/#
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
    Saw this on the blog feed and it looks pretty freakin sweet - especially the ability to see what commands are being used during the video.

http://www.revitforum.org/blog-feeds...html#post70384
    https://chronicle.autodesk.com/#
    some sweetness for Revit or Acad teachers maybe but some down sides for me, like the time it takes between video/audio capture and being able to publish and distribute (15 mins + for my first small capture). Jing/Screencast is instant. I don't need anyone to see what commands I'm using, just what I'm doing or trying to do.
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

ouch. I downloaded it but haven't installed. If they set it up so everything isn't shared it would be great for quick video how-tos on here or bug reports for addins. A lot of videos wouldn't make much sense outside of that context though.

chad

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Jones View Post
        I don't need anyone to see what commands I'm using, just what I'm doing or trying to do.
        The command stream captured in Chronicle helps videos be more searchable. The video content can be searched somewhat with out needing to view the video. This can help particularly with longer videos if you are looking for something specific rather than looking to view the entire thing. Even after you have watched a video there might be something you want to see again, typical videos created with other tools need to be scrubbed through to find the exact spot where something happened you might want to see again. In some cases the chronicle video will help you find the exact spot you are looking for a bit easier.

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
        If they set it up so everything isn't shared it would be great for quick video how-tos on here or bug reports for addins.
        You can set the video to hidden and share the link directly if you don't want it to be public.
        Jeff Hanson
        Sr. Subject Matter Expert
        Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
          The command stream captured in Chronicle helps videos be more searchable. The video content can be searched somewhat with out needing to view the video. This can help particularly with longer videos if you are looking for something specific rather than looking to view the entire thing. Even after you have watched a video there might be something you want to see again, typical videos created with other tools need to be scrubbed through to find the exact spot where something happened you might want to see again. In some cases the chronicle video will help you find the exact spot you are looking for a bit easier.

You can set the video to hidden and share the link directly if you don't want it to be public.
          thanks Jeff, a search feature is definitely a plus!
          I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

Comment

I'd like this timeline feature within Revit so I can view my own and other users history with more clarity and accessibility, instead of second guessing from a banal drop down history list of text. Which tool did which action to which element -and displayed as a timeline within the Revit GUI- and NOT having to search through journal files would make it a great trouble shooting tool.
            There are no stupid questions, only stupid people

Comment

Mandated Public Cloud = instant disregard, for me.

I get the entire concept of what companies think is a compliment by being "disruptive technology," but its not flying with us as end users. Currently the feature list of Camtasia (which we already own) and Sharepoint/any-file-storage, is higher than this. This has the convenience of allowing us to automatically show commands, but i can simply voice narrate what i do on Camtasia, AND keep it internal, AND not depend on the internet, AND not have to share it with the world.

I get it: If its crowdsourced, no one has to write a help file. Its a great idea. And with enough participants, itll work. But some will opt out.
              Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
              @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                Mandated Public Cloud = instant disregard, for me.....
                Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
                AND not have to share it with the world.
                As I stated above Chronicle videos can be marked private and shared only with those that have a link.
                Jeff Hanson
                Sr. Subject Matter Expert
                Autodesk, Revit - User Experience

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
                  As I stated above Chronicle videos can be marked private and shared only with those that have a link.
                  That should be added into either the FAQ or on the sharing options then. The FAQ describes private as "viewable only by you", not as "send this link to people without needing to email them, know their Autodesk ID or sharing publicly"

IMO. :thumbsup:

chad

Comment

Has anyone tried to add a list of "allowed" viewers? I wonder if you can save the list in the web app......or have to upload the list every time.
                    Kevin Carroll
                    BIM Manager

Comment