FLEXnet License Finder intermittent error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FLEXnet License Finder intermittent error

We have several Revit Architecture and Building Design Suite networked licenses hooked up with the Autodesk supplied FLEXnet License application. Revit fires up correctly on most occasions but we do have an intermittent error where the FLEXnet License Finder dialog opens to say it "...was not able to obtain a license because the FLEXnet license server manager could not determine where to find the licensing data it needs...". On these occasions we have to exit and try again several times before it will go in properly.

The system works most of the time which tells me we have installed and configured it correctly. This includes defining the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable on each computer and checking that the LICPATH.LIC file is edited correctly.

Has anyone seen this or found a solution please?

Thanks in advance,

Anthony.

Anthony,
    any chance the license server is being accessed over a slow network, or even a WAN? There is a timeout variable that allows Revit to wait a little longer before it gives up and claims it can't get a license. the error is different in my experience, but there is always the possibility that the error messages got changed in 2013. You will find some info here on setting the environment variable. The link is to a page about Acad 2007, but the issue is the same, and addressed the same way, with Revit. No harm in setting it and seeing if it does the trick. I do this as a matter of habit now, just to cover my bases.

Gordon
    Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Thank you for the reply, Gordon.
      I suspect you may be correct as our server with the license app is in another city. Thanks for the link: we'll check it out and see if it helps.
      Regards,
      Anthony.

Comment