Easily Post Your Computers Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily Post Your Computers Specs

This is a simple solution if someone asks about your computer and you are not sure what they are asking for. This will create a text file with all your computers specs. No password or any vital information will be exported to the text file.

1st
    XP - Start-> Run -> type "dxdiag"
    W7 - Hold the "Windows Key" + "R" -> type "dxdiag"

Note: If you are on 64x click the bottom that says "Run 64-bit DxDiag" This button will only be there if you are running a 64x machine.

2nd
    Click the "Save All Information" button, and click Save. This will default save the text file to your desktop.

3rd
    Upload this file to the Forums through the Manage Attachments button. It will be similar to what you see attached to this post below.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alex Cunningham; February 10, 2011, 10:15 PM.
    -Alex Cunningham

Alex, that's a great tip for users who otherwise have no idea what's in their computer.

But, as the very file you posted shows, it doesn't always know how to "interpret" newer system info - your attachment indicates that your CPU is a Pentium 3 Xeon... which we know is not even close to being correct.

Comment

Thats prob because I am on XP... hopefully not for too much longer though. :crossfingers:, anyways, dxdiag is still better then nothing, and from what I see most people arnt using Xeon processors for Revit.

Iru feel free to refine my post and sticky it. You are better then me at this stuff.
      -Alex Cunningham

Comment