Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RFO - New laptop build (not top of the line)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFO - New laptop build (not top of the line)

Sale available right now wondering if specs were okay... I know that they aren't current but they are available. Someone at work was asking... (Dell, duh.)

11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-11800H (24MB Cache, up to 4.6 GHz, 8 cores)
    Operating System
    Windows 11 Home, English
    Video Card
    NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 6GB GDDR6
    Display
    15.6 inch FHD (1920 x 1080) 165Hz 300 nits WVA Anti- Glare LED Backlit Narrow Border Display
    Hard Drive
    1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
    Memoryi
    32GB, 2x16GB, DDR4, 3200MHz
    Primary Battery
    6-Cell Battery, 86WHr (Integrated)
    Wireless
    Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) 802.11ax Wireless and Bluetooth
    Travis Vaughan, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP
    LinkedIn Profile | Twitter: @TravisUsesRevit

One red flag for me is the "Home" version of Windows. The other specs actually look pretty good to me.

Comment

Yep is pretty close to the laptop I have and that has everything even 1 step older (gen 10 CPU and 2060 GPU).
      Did a relatively large and complex project on that for 4 months without any issues over VPN and RDP into it and didn't even notice I was doing that.

I would however upgrade to the Pro version of Windows like CADiva said, but you can do that on the Microsoft website for about 100 dollar or so and it takes about 5 minutes. Probably cheaper options too for an upgrade, but didn't want the hassle. You need Pro for stuff like RDP.

project below.

MEI_sawa_viewPeriscope_copyrightWAX-Large-1439x900.jpg
      Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
      Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Specs are actually pretty good. In 11th gen the 11800H is what I sold. The higher end sku have the same core count but just slightly higher clock speeds. I think some chassis OEM avoided them due to the heat penalty for only ~200mhz.

Otherwise, Pro version of windows is all that laptop would need.

Battery size is pretty good too.
        Remis Computer Solutions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.remiscs.com

Comment

Originally posted by remiscs View Post
          Specs are actually pretty good. In 11th gen the 11800H is what I sold. The higher end sku have the same core count but just slightly higher clock speeds. I think some chassis OEM avoided them due to the heat penalty for only ~200mhz.

Otherwise, Pro version of windows is all that laptop would need.

Battery size is pretty good too.
          Cool. Thanks!
          Travis Vaughan, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP
          LinkedIn Profile | Twitter: @TravisUsesRevit

Comment

widgetinstance 211 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X