Pc hardware questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pc hardware questions

Hey guys.. i am trying to build up a pc for large models on Revit...(about 500mb files)
    I am not really good at picking the right hardware, but after asking around i have this list..
    I have not idea what kind of Grafik card would i need... Any advice? or even suggestions if i choose anything
    that is not needed!

ASUS TUF Z270 MARK 2

Intel Core i7-7700K 4 core (Quad Core) CPU with 4.2 GHz
    G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB DDR4 K2 3200 C16 32GVK
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO (Basic) Series 500GB
    &
    WD Blue Desktop WD10EZEX 1TB
    Corsair RMi Series RM1000i PFC 80+ Gold modular 1000 Watt
    Corsair Hydro H115i Extreme Performance CPU-Kühler

Thanks guys!
    Goodmorning

Depends on your use and wallet.
    If it's everyday modelling creating drawings and such, then just get a nvidea gtx card (the faster the better).
    AFAIK the only place one would realistically benefit from using a Quadro is workflows outside of Revit.

If you are doing renderings and using plugins/3rd party programs regularly that can utilize more cores on the cpu I would go for a Xeon processor instead.

Comment

And, unless you plan to overclock CPU, there is no need for water cooling.

Comment

I would consider something similar to this

• Case: Silverstone TJ08B-E (14.72"H x 8.27"W x 15.16"D) (other good options exist)
        • CPU: Intel i7-7700k 4 core/8 thread 4ghz boost to 4.5ghz Kaby Lake
        • Motherboard: Asus z270g ROG STRIX (WIFI/BT4.1) matx (if atx is needed let me know)
        • RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 2400mhz (2x8GB), (you can go with faster ram though gains are small)
        • Video Card: EVGA GTX1060 6GB (or higher depending on budget, RAM capacity is really the deciding factor today)
        • CPU Cooler: Noctua u12s 120mm air cooler (or Phanteks PH-tc12dx - pictured below. Cooler master hyper212evo if tight budget)
        • Storage 1: Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 SSD (ACHI Protocol) (or less depending on budget, try for at least 500GB)
        • Storage 2: Optional
        • Power Supply: EVGA G3 750watts Gold Rated Modular (1000watts is way overkill unless multiple GPU)
        • Optical Drive: Optional
        • OS: Windows 10 PRO 64bit (Kaby lake and Ryzen require it, go skylake 6700k if win7 is needed)

Hope this helps, it will look something like this when done
        Attached Files
        Remis Computer Solutions
        Las Vegas, NV
        www.remiscs.com

Comment

I have read a lot about grafik cards! Is it so bad to have a gaming grafik card and render with revit or 3d max, instead a let say more professional grafic card?

I cant understand the differences
          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sotekt View Post
            I have read a lot about grafik cards! Is it so bad to have a gaming grafik card and render with revit or 3d max, instead a let say more professional grafic card?

I cant understand the differences
            thanks
            You can use an Nvidia Geforce gaming card and render fine with supported cuda plugins. The main reason to get a workstation card is for "official" support from the software developer. If there is a GPU acceleration issue and they see you use a Geforce card they will say it is not supported and probably not go any further. Most people I deal with are happy to use Geforce except for the only exception I can think of is Solidworks (and probably other Dassault software) which the Realview feature will not enable unless on a firepro or quadro card.

It is all politics sadly. For what you described though it sounds like you will have a good time with a Geforce card.
            Remis Computer Solutions
            Las Vegas, NV
            www.remiscs.com

Comment

Remiscs thank you a lot!
              I am gonna go for the Geforce most probably!
              I ve change the specs abit from last time i post

Thanks again for the quick answer!

Comment

No problem
                Remis Computer Solutions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.remiscs.com

Comment