Precision T1700 Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Precision T1700 Specs

Our architectural company has recently moved onto Revit and plans on upgrading the machines to suit. Are the below specs suitable for small office, domestic-scale Revit work? (Budget = 1500e, Coming in at 1250e). Much appreciated, thank you.

Precision T1700 Small Form Factor

Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1271 v3 (Quad Core HT, 3.60GHz Turbo,8MB
    Nvidia Quadro K620 2GB Half Height (DP, DL-DVI-I) (1 DP to SL-DVI adapter)
    16GB (2x8GB) 1600MHz DDR3 Non-ECC
    C3 mSATA + 2.5inch SATA 1 Hard Drive, 32GB 2.5inch Mini-Card Serial ATA Solid State Drive
    Last edited by davidmahon; August 4, 2015, 02:42 PM.

Hi David - welcome to RFO!

Looks like a good start. The K620 is pretty low-end... what's the next step up available? e.g. K2200 would be decent.

Get a full-sized SSD, e.g. ~250GB. 32GB won't cut it... that's basically acting like a cache, which is better than nothing, but that's not saying much. You probably don't need the HDD if you're working off a file server.

16GB RAM is probably just fine, but what type and size of projects do you work on?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and for getting back so promptly. Ok I've added 256GB (Adata DP900 SSD 2.5 inch SATA 6Gb/s, 1M Hrs MTBF) for an extra 150e. I'm not exactly sure how it benefits a work station on a server but it seems to be recommended. The projects we work on are small to middle scale (typically below 5000 sq. ft.). Appreciated.
      Last edited by davidmahon; August 4, 2015, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davidmahon View Post
        I'm not exactly sure how it benefits a work station on a server but it seems to be recommended.
        It kind of sounds like you've never really used one? It's a HUGE benefit to overall system performance. I wouldn't recommend a computer without one.

:beer:

Comment

Hopefully the 32GB SSD was a typo.....as Win 7 by itself is close to 40GB....even a 120GB drive won't work once you have one version of BDS installed...
          Michael "MP" Patrick (Deceased - R.I.P)

Comment

Just piffed my 120gb for a 512. Too small unless you are only running REVIT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Brizzy Northside.

Comment