old iPad as Revit 2012 2nd monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old iPad as Revit 2012 2nd monitor

Wondering what to do with my er, 'old' iPad, I installed the inexpensive iDisplay app and... it works

Seems most useful for the Project browser window - if you use it with Properties then sub-dialogs open in the main monitor window...

Might just be a passing fad, but it looks pretty cool (which, as we know, is important for clients visiting the office to play with Revit )
    William Sutherland rias riba
    WS Architecture Ltd

Are you using a Mac with it too?

BTW, are you using floors for your topography? I looks lie you used shape handling tools to create the site.

Comment

I do have an iMac just out of the picture and I am looking at running Revit on that, or more likely eventually getting another Mac to do it - I just like using the Mac keyboard with a PC as it takes up little space.

Yes, I use floors for nearly all of my site work - I forgot to turn off the 'Interior Edges' in Visibility Graphics->Floors to remove the triangulation lines here.

re. using the iPad, the iDisplay app failed the overnight 'stability test' - the PC screen had blanked and locked up with Revit left running overnight. Shame as it does work quite well most of the time.
      WS Architecture Ltd

Comment

What input devices are you using? (mouse, keyboard etc)
        Revit Architecture 2013 Certified Professional

Comment

I have an X-keys Pro unit with buttons assigned to Revit shortcuts
          http://www.xkeys.com/xkeys/xkpro.php
          a 3DConnexions space explorer, an Intuos4 tablet and pen, a programmable Cherry number keypad and an Apple full size wired keyboard.

It all started with wanting the number pad on the left of the keyboard, and I've always used a pen and tablet since the days of serial tablets and DOS cad.

The X-keys unit was to avoid using the ribbon interface when that appeared in Revit...

but, let's be honest... I just like gadgets
          WS Architecture Ltd

Comment