Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revit Forum Blog ?

Hi all.

As you may have noticed in my signature, we´ve already created a Facebook Page, and a Twitter Account for the Forum. The main purpose of those are to keep everyone up to date with important info about the forum, i.e. "Forum is down, but will be back in 30 minutes", but they´re also serving another agenda: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), both Facebook and Twitter is great for improving rankings in the search engines (read Google).

We´re considering to also create a Blog (off site). The idea is to be blogging about some of the "hot" topics on this forum, and maybe even ask some of the frequent posters here, to help updating and maintaining the blog.
    Blogs are more accessible, less threatening, and require a much lower level of commitment from the average reader. Done right, a blog can be a more gentle way to ease new people into our community.
    The blog would also serve as a great opportunity to deliver important messages about the forum, if our members would subscribe to the Blog RSS feeds.
    Also, blogs are more “linkable” which allows us to gain even more exposure within our niche, as well as helping our forum rank better in the search engines. This of course will in turn lead to more visitors and hopefully more members.

Any thoughts on this ? And maybe even some volunteers to help Blogging ? :beer:
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Any thoughts on this ? And maybe even some volunteers to help Blogging ? :beer:
    well, volunteer, why not, but I guess that to be valuable, information provided on a blog has to be more accurate than on a forum like RFO, meaning blogging is like a one-shot thread.
    Only a few of us (and I'm not one!) may post at the required level of knowledge.
    It could be redundant with RFO for some users, but on the other hand I agree with "linkable" term.
    I also think it's an opportunity to go more into BIM, meaning a blog could have every month (for ex) a dedicated post to the BIM-way-of-life in AEC (not only with Autodesk products).

.....my thoughts about that......:wine:
    Julien
    "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
    P. DAC
    Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

This is actually a great idea. About volunteering? Why the hell not, count me in. I volunteer for writing blog posts (assuming you guys think I'm "worthy").
      One way to fill the blog is by taking the more interesting threads and turn them into a "how-to". It can be confusing rereading lengthy threads on difficult subjects. Some take multiple sidetrips and in some multiple solutions are offered and then rejected until finally The Answer pops up. A blog would be a perfect opportunity to summarize these threads...
      Martijn de Riet
      Professional Revit Consultant | Revit API Developer
      MdR Advies
      Planta1 Revit Online Consulting

Comment

BTW a french post once a month could be great!
        Julien
        "Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus!"
        P. DAC
        Follow me on Twitter @Jbenoit44 - Blog: http://aecuandme.wordpress.com/

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Turned out to be a fairly quick task to setup the blog, so it´s already in place at blog.revitforum.org The blog is a standard blogspot blog, using a custom subdomaine, to ensure accessibility, even if this forum should break down for a short while. (I hope not)

Martjin and Julien have already volunteered to help blogging, and should have received an mail with access information.
          PM me, or post here if anyone else is interested. And Julien, a post in French once a month wouldn´t hurt anyone i guess.

Please (at least for now) only post about topics referencing to this forum :beer:
          Klaus Munkholm

Comment

I would be interested as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gdoherty0102 View Post
              I would be interested as well.
              Thank you. You´ve got mail. :beer:
              Klaus Munkholm

Comment

Klaus,
                it seems like the blog would be a good place to reference the Post of the Month as well.

Gordon
                Pragmatic Praxis

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Price View Post
                  Klaus,
                  it seems like the blog would be a good place to reference the Post of the Month as well.

Gordon
                  I was just thinking the same thing
                  Juan Carlos Moreno
                  Store Designer & Merchandising Manager
                  Sisley Cosmetics

Comment

Great idea Gordon and Juan... We´ll do that for sure.
                    Klaus Munkholm

Comment