Forum extremely slow....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum extremely slow....

Lately when I've been trying to read the forum between about 4.30pm and maybe 10.30pm, the forum response has been extremely slow, like taking up to four minutes to load a page after clicking.

These hours are probably a busy internet time for us in New Zealand, but no other sites that I've tried have had a problem like this, and it has only seemed to be like this in the last couple of weeks.

I know that there is more people frequenting the forum, but I don't think that is the problem. For instance yesterday when I was having problems, there was around 130 users on line, but at the moment there is about 170 on, and access is really responsive.

Is any other Kiwis finding it the same, or is there something amiss in my setup?

In general the page loads are very fast from here... but then again, I´m waaaayy closer to London than you are.

I have experienced some minor periods with slowdowns, but nothing like you describe.

Would like to hear from others ? Especially if you are from New Zealand, or if you experience similar extremely slow responses. Thanks :beer:
    Klaus Munkholm
    "Do. Or do not. There is no try."

Comment

I am probably as far from London as Chris is, and the forum works fine here.

EDIT: I was very wrong; according to Google, I am approximately 5,271 miles from London, and Chris is 11,682 miles from London! More than double of the distance! So, Chris, you are veeeery far away, indeed.
      Freelance BIM Provider at Autodesk Services Marketplace | Linkedin

Comment

I am in Colorado (USA) and seems to be working well here...

Comment

Originally posted by Alfredo Medina View Post
          I am probably as far from London as Chris is, and the forum works fine here.

EDIT: I was very wrong; according to Google, I am approximately 5,271 miles from London, and Chris is 11,682 miles from London! More than double of the distance! So, Chris, you are veeeery far away, indeed.
          Well seeing how the earth is 24,000 +/- in circumference... I am betting there aren't many people that are further away then Chris.
          -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Geographical distance from web server shouldn't affect things that much... we're talking seconds or fractions of seconds, not minutes. Sometimes it's more about regional infrastructure than distance per say.

Comment

Originally posted by iru69 View Post
              ..............Sometimes it's more about regional infrastructure than distance per say.
              Yeah, that was my thought too, but I don't seem to have the same problems with other sites at similar times and locations.

When I sent the original post, response was great, but two hours earlier was really slow, and now (8.55am) is good too.

Will retest a few times during today.

Comment

Chris, maybe you should check if someone is digging for copper in your area :laugh:

Poor woman...
                Last edited by Munkholm; April 7, 2011, 08:03 PM. Reason: Wrong link :p
                Klaus Munkholm

Comment

Do you think maybe she was trying to dig up the copper in the wires? LMAO hahahahahhahahah
                  -Alex Cunningham

Comment

Then she would have been out of luck in more than one way... it was a fibre-optic

(Just corrected the link in the above post....)
                    Klaus Munkholm

Comment