Elements.GetParameterValueByNameTypeOrInstance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elements.GetParameterValueByNameTypeOrInstance

I'm using the Elements.GetParameterValueByNameTypeOrInstance node from Rhythm
    I'm in the process of upgrading all my graphs from Revit 2020 and Dynamo 2.3 to 2022 and 2.12
    Just curious if I still need to use the package node, or if there is now a built in node?
    Dave Plumb
    BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Being fond of OOTB I've only ever used the regular GetParameterValueByName - placed at points in my graph where I know I'm handling instances or types - used in conjunction with queried parameter lists and intersection tests. Probably a really long way of going about it - but it suits me.

Comment

I'm a little late to respond here, but I've got a process where I'm feeding in the name of the parameter, and it might be either a Type3 or an instance. I can't know beforehand.
      Thus the Rhythm custom node
      Dave Plumb
      BWBR Architects; St Paul, MN

CADsplaining: When a BIM rookie tells you how you should have done something.

Comment

I'd presumed as much - my response, albeit poorly, was meant to say "I don't know if newer dynamo has such a node, but you can roll your own w/ OOTB nodes if you don't want to keep using custom packages" - something like this:
        Capture.png

*i'm really not fond of how cramped this "new" post editor gets when working with images
        Attached Files

Comment

That is actually the way my old version of my node worked but it was considerably slower.

DaveP
          DaveP - there is no OOTB way. But, if you know what you are fetching is a type parameter or instance, you should be using the OOTB ways for instance or type.

My node was developed as more of an "investigatory" node. For when you aren't sure if it is a type or instance.

John Pierson
          Creator of Rhythm, Monocle, Bang! and Lots of Other Okay Stuff.
          Twitter - @60secondrevit | Email - [email protected] | Blog - sixtysecondrevit.com | Work - parallaxteam.com

Comment

widgetinstance 211 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X