Orchid for dynamo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orchid for dynamo

I am trying to install Orchid package for dynamo, another colleague installed it no problem and I followed the same procedure he did and yet it will not install for me.
    It runs the executable, but then nothing shows up in dynamo addins.

Anyone else have experience with this package and troubleshooting installation issues??

https://dynamonodes.com/category/orchid/

There are a number of Packages out there that- for one reason or another- end-run around the Package Manager and demand their own installer be used. If there is an *absolutely amazing* reason to use those Packages- and they are by Authors i implicitly trust with my machine, our company infrastructures security, and all of that- i will consider it. Unfortunately, this isnt one of those times.

While it appears to have some really useful nodes, its one of the packages i (personally) recommend people not use.
    Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
    @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

I think you can just copy the package folder from 1 computer to another and it should work.
      I have moved my packages a few times without the need to install anything, just point Dynamo to the new location.
      Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
      Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

Thanks Twice. Actually we just used it to purge materials out (if you remember I had a file that had something like 1.5million duplicated material assets in it a while ago).
        The file was starting to do that behaviour again and rather than waiting for Autodesk to get back to us on support we were looking for ways to deal with it, and we were able to purge the files out really well and restore functionality, so the purge nodes are very thorough and able to get into things we were unable to access otherwise and Autodesk originally had to build us a custom script to remove the duplicated material assets by their GUID's...I recommend you take a deeper look at its usefulness, but that said, it was a specific use case that was helpful to us.
        Also thanks Robin, I will see if that works, but in this case the computers are in different physical locations so that might be complicated...
        Last edited by Karalon10; August 25, 2021, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Karalon10 View Post
          Also thanks Robin, I will see if that works, but in this case the computers are in different physical locations so that might be complicated...
          Zip and email :-)

Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
          Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment