Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callout boundry and callout leader direction and callout head location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Callout boundry and callout leader direction and callout head location?

is there a way with Dynamo to control the size of a callout boundary? Also, and the leader direction and callout head location be altered with Dynamo?
    I'm retired, if you don't like it, go around!

From what I've found it is only possible through the API: https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/refere...y-curves/14779

Maybe some of the more Dynamo savvy folks might chime in with a better method? :thumbsup:
    Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
    BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

Originally posted by cellophane View Post
      From what I've found it is only possible through the API: https://forum.dynamobim.com/t/refere...y-curves/14779

Maybe some of the more Dynamo savvy folks might chime in with a better method? :thumbsup:
      thanks for that Chad but unfortunately, Way Over my Head I'm interested in two results, #1 being able to set the callout boundary size and shape for multiple instances, and #2 be able to control the location of the callout head in relation to the callout boundary. The standard location is pointing in the 0 direction. That's OK for my section detail callouts but for plan view callouts I want them all pointing up (90). Sometimes I have lots of them and it's a PITA to have to manually move the callout heads for each individual callout instance. If I can get confirmation that these options can be accomplished somehow with Dynamo, Python, or whatever I'll then pay someone to create the programming.

Comment

The link Chad posted deals with Reference Other View callouts. Are you talking about those, or Live Callouts?
        Aaron "selfish AND petulant" Maller |P A R A L L A X T E A M | Practice Technology Implementation
        @Web | @Twitter | @LinkedIn | @Email

Comment

Originally posted by Twiceroadsfool View Post
          The link Chad posted deals with Reference Other View callouts. Are you talking about those, or Live Callouts?
          Other view callouts which I use a lot to refer to drafting views

Comment

So, the good news is, you can modify the crop regions with the attached DYN. There is also a GIF of it in action.

For the location of the elbow and bend of the bubble, I am not sure that is accessible in the API unfortunately. (At least I couldn't find it :hide

Hope this at least helps with some of it though! (Note- The python scripts in the file are remixes of stuff in the MEPOver package)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dv...b9T3lBgBIpNG05
            Attached Files

John Pierson
            Creator of Rhythm, Monocle, Bang! and Lots of Other Okay Stuff.
            Twitter - @60secondrevit | Email - [email protected] | Blog - sixtysecondrevit.com | Work - parallaxteam.com

Comment

Originally posted by johnp View Post
              So, the good news is, you can modify the crop regions with the attached DYN. There is also a GIF of it in action.
              For the location of the elbow and bend of the bubble, I am not sure that is accessible in the API unfortunately. (At least I couldn't find it :hide

Hope this at least helps with some of it though! (Note- The python scripts in the file are remixes of stuff in the MEPOver package)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dv...b9T3lBgBIpNG05
              thanks John, the shape of the crop region boundary was sort of an offshoot from my real want (question). If you manually move a crop region detail reference bubble to, say 90º, then copy/paste that crop region the bubble returns to 0º most of the time. Sometimes the copy/paste will maintain the orientation of the leader and bubble but most times not and I have no idea why that is. But, I spend a lot of time readjusting detail bubbles and was looking for a method to shortcut the process. Thanks for looking into this for me.

Comment