Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DYNAMO_Create CurtainSystem gridlines

Hi all.
    I’m new to Dynamo and I need some help please.
    I’m trying to create a parametric curtain wall system by creating the mass in Dynamo, from a rhino 3D object, imported in Dyanmo by Rhynamo package.
    I started by importing the rhino 3D file through rhynamo, and than I created a family Mass by Springs.FamilyInstance.ByGeometry, and than I created a Curtain Wall System by Mass.
    I would want to create a grid layout and I use a ReAnimation package, with “CreateCurtainGrids” script…
    Is the procedure correct?
    Someone could suggest another solutions? Is it possible create a layout for add grid line or to create a curtain panels to adapt on family Mass surface?
    Can anyone help me please. Thanks
    S

I also responded over at the Dynamo forum, but here is the same response.

Yeah, Unfortunately, it seems like that node "Create Curtain Grids" expects a curtain wall element. You are going to need some additional nodes to do this with actual curtain systems..

Essentially, we need to:

1. Obtain the curtain grid element from the curtain system.

2. Add the grid line by a given point (wombat or Rhythm has this portion already).

I don't have the nodes created yet, but I might be able to get something created in my free time this evening.

-John

John Pierson
    Creator of Rhythm, Monocle, Bang! and Lots of Other Okay Stuff.
    Twitter - @60secondrevit | Email - [email protected] | Blog - sixtysecondrevit.com | Work - parallaxteam.com

Comment