Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List Clean on Another List

Good day all,

Is there a way to use List.Clean and know which list items were removed so I can remove the same items from another list?

Thanks for you help,
    Steven

Something like List.Clean.ByKey

How you can sort list by a key can I clean them by one?

Comment

Don't know an answer but these should help:

SortByKey
      Clean

There are also a number of custom list management nodes - I know Grimshaw & Rhythm both have several.
      Last edited by cellophane; September 29, 2017, 01:52 PM.
      Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
      BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

This is one way to do it!

Attached Files

Sol Amour

Architectural Explorer, Digital warrior, Affectual adventurer and Curious Human Being
        Portfolio Website @ Cargo Collective

Comment

Thanks Amoursol and Cellophane,

Unfortunately due to the complexity of the list your way does not work easily Amoursol.
          For my solution I broke it into three chuck with some script slow down but not too bad.

Capture 1:
          List information coming out of Springs.Collector.ElementsInView is in Level @2. Empty Lists are are returned at level @3 and @2. I wish to keep this list structure because the @3 is the sheet and @2 are the views on the sheet.

List.Clean works great to clean the list but there is no way to clean the original list coming out of List.AddItemToFront.

Capture 2:
          Since there is no way to match the lists I use Clockworks Element.OwnerView.

Capture 3:
          I then need to know what sheet the views are on. Since you cannot fine what sheet a legend is on this is what I came up with. Grab the First view in each of the filtered list and then cross compare them against each list to find matching elements. I can then pull the first element (the sheet) from the original list coming out of List.AddItemToFront in Capture 1.

The cross product on Contains slows things down a little bit but the script is already slow because of Springs.Collector.ElementsInView. So whats a few more seconds anyway.

Not the best way to go about it but it does work and I could not spend any more time on it. I may venture back and clean it up one day. This was my attempt to find a better way to export revision clouds than I had achieved before. Seems to be faster and work better. Previous Cloud Exporter

Thank for your help and suggestions,
          Steven
          Attached Files

Comment