X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Element.GetParameterValueByName Use

I'm trying to get the height of walls by Element.GetParameterValueByName
    But it doesn't work
    I tried the same way used for windows (it worked for windows but not walls)
    Photos are in Attachements
    Attached Files

Hello Anasanas,

I'm not sure what it will be in another language beyond English, but in the English version we use Unconnected Height to give us the height of a wall.

As showcased below:

Attached Files

Sol Amour

Architectural Explorer, Digital warrior, Affectual adventurer and Curious Human Being
    Portfolio Website @ Cargo Collective

Comment

I still have the problem maybe i have to load another version of Dynamo than 1.3?

Originally posted by amoursol View Post
      Hello Anasanas,

I'm not sure what it will be in another language beyond English, but in the English version we use Unconnected Height to give us the height of a wall.

As showcased below:
      Problem still exists, For info I can use the parameters in english without problem. Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

You need to capitalize the parameter name: Unconnected Height, not Unconnected height.
        Revit for newbies - A starting point for RFO

chad
        BEER: Better, Efficient, Elegant, Repeatable.

Comment

The problem is still here, do you think I have to load another version of Dynamo than 1.3? I take the same program as amoursol and it gives me a null list

Comment

As Cellophane mentioned, when you type in Dynamo is is very case sensitive. As per your image, you need to use a capital letter for the word Height. Please fix that first and see if it works.

Sol Amour

Architectural Explorer, Digital warrior, Affectual adventurer and Curious Human Being
            Portfolio Website @ Cargo Collective

Comment

Originally posted by amoursol View Post
              As Cellophane mentioned, when you type in Dynamo is is very case sensitive. As per your image, you need to use a capital letter for the word Height. Please fix that first and see if it works.
              it did not actually. it is weird
              Attached Files

Comment

If you use element.parameters does the value you wish to pull show in the list?
                Julie Kidder
                Architect + BIM Director
                Hartman + Majewski Design Group

Comment

It looks like you are using a French Revit, so I guess that you need to use "Hauteur non contrainte" for your parameter name instead of just "hauteur" or Unconnected Height. You need to use the exact text that shows up in your properties window, language and the capitals included.

Hauteur non contrainte.png
                  Last edited by Robin Deurloo; June 8, 2017, 10:38 PM.
                  Company Website: www.deurloobm.nl
                  Revit Ideas: Is this family Mirrored? | Approve warnings | Family Type parameter just those in the family

Comment

I agree with Robin and...

i'm french user!
                    But let me suggest you to start writing your code in english...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Comment